Van Coleman has X targets grouped together

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Van Coleman has X targets grouped together

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:47 am

Yesterday's Chicago Sun-Times had Van Coleman's list (from Hoopmasters.com) of the top 100 HS in the class of '09. X targets (that we know about) showed up at-

#74 Chris Braswell
#78 Kyryl Natyazhko
#79 Kevin Parrom
#81 Ari Stewart
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together

Postby muskieman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:56 am

Is it written anywhere what is the criteria or analysis of how a guy get to #73 versus #84? Seems to me you "might" be able to say one guy is the best recruit from each position but there are so many variables to make that have any accuracy. This ranking system and the guys that do the ranking remind me of another profession......weather. Sure they are wrong 90% of the time(which might be conservative) but we tell ourselves that we need them.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:57 am

Here's the link to the list, which also shows which schools are in the mix for a particular player-

http://www.hoopmasters.com/classranking.php

This site also shows X in the hunt for #39 Latavious Williams and #123 Jordan Williams.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together

Postby muskieman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:03 am

Mr. Neutral wrote:Here's the link to the list, which also shows which schools are in the mix for a particular player-

http://www.hoopmasters.com/classranking.php

This site also shows X in the hunt for #39 Latavious Williams and #123 Jordan Williams.

I could not get that article....do you need to subscribe? Speaking of players with the name Jordan, where did Michael Jordan's son go to school or will go?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:18 am

http://www.hoopmasters.com/index.php

I don't have a subscription, so try clicking on the above link, and then on the right hand side, where it says "Class of", hit "2009", and then choose "HS". That should take you to the list.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
sash19
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together

Postby sash19 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Mr. Neutral:


There is almost NO way that Latavious either:

1) got accepted at X, or
2) would graduate from X.

He is not the brightest bulb on the tree!!

X was the 1st school to offer him a few years ago and it stays on the recruiting sites since it looks good. I doubt the staff has talked to him in at least a year.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together

Postby muskieman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:47 pm

Mr. Neutral wrote:http://www.hoopmasters.com/index.php

I don't have a subscription, so try clicking on the above link, and then on the right hand side, where it says "Class of", hit "2009", and then choose "HS". That should take you to the list.
Thanks, that worked. I was sad to see Xavier as the only A-10 school on the list of the top 100. Granted, I don't put much faith in any list but you would at least think that the A-10 would have a number of schools in that list of 2009 and only Dayton and Umass had one player each for 2010. Granted, I might have missed one of the schools but Xavier appears to be the only school from the A-10 which is consistently on multiple lists.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskienick
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together

Postby muskienick » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:15 pm

#36 Aaric Murray 6'10" Center --- listed both St. Joe's and Temple

I thought it strange that neither Wake Forest nor Oregon were listed for Ari Stewart at #81.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together

Postby muskieman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:44 pm

muskienick wrote:#36 Aaric Murray 6'10" Center --- listed both St. Joe's and Temple

I thought it strange that neither Wake Forest nor Oregon were listed for Ari Stewart at #81.
Like I said I might have missed one. It is a shame that there are so few and the kid has to be a PA player for St Joe's and Temple.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 861 guests