Sometimes I wonder..... Are these really serious Xavier basketball fans on this site.? The ink is barely dry and we have folks knocking this recruit. Really. What have you done to score points lately for Xavier, Eh big shots?? That's what I thought. Did you ever hear of a bell curve? It pretty much applies to just about anything in this universe. Certainly, applies to the human growth/level of athleticism graph. So how many coordinated 7'1" 250 pound folks do you think are walking around out there about to graduate from high school - that can also Dribbble a little bit and shoot a basketball under duress?gym from delhi wrote:Last year he averaged 7 points and 7 rebounds; either a project or the second coming of Bob King (I played a pick-up game with the latter about 25 years ago; a nice guy but clearly not a D1 C or F).
I can tell you that number is far less than the number of high-quality D1 basketball programs chasing them. So maybe we redshirt him a year, let him grow into his body and bang with some upperclassman, refine his skills. I'm confident by his junior year he can produce somewhat similar to Jason love. One thing I can tell you about the kid is he's excited and will give us everything he's got. That makes me excited! Welcome to X Jake. 99% of Xavier nation is thrilled and honored to have you.
