The Woods is back!!!

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Xavier2005
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:58 pm
Contact:

Re: The Woods is back!!!

Postby Xavier2005 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:52 am

i think most of us, including me...have NO idea what the Woods is...LOL
edgecliff hall
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
Contact:

Re: The Woods is back!!!

Postby edgecliff hall » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:35 am

Ya all can't know everything. In 67 years of connection at Xavier, I was never at The Woods. Or if I was, I've forgot it. (More likely) Looks like
I better go out and get a fake ID .
thecoach
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: The Woods is back!!!

Postby thecoach » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:i think most of us, including me...have NO idea what the Woods is...LOL

The Norwood Cafe for many, many years was located on the corner of Montgomery Rd, and Clenaey Ave.
Pierre Dracot
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm
Contact:

Re: The Woods is back!!!

Postby Pierre Dracot » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:55 pm

I thought he was dead.
MOSQUETERO
Posts: 1318
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Woods is back!!!

Postby MOSQUETERO » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:05 pm

I came to Xavier as a freshman in August of 1984 and a few guys and I would end up at the Norwood Cafe which would close at 1:30 am. We would then head to Dana's and squeeze in an hour before heading back to the dorms and drink in a pacing manner and try to stay awake to "open" the Woods at 5:00 am. In my four years I only accomplished opening the Woods once. They would open early to accommodate the 3rd shifters getting off work from the late BASF plant around the block who would come in to cash their checks. Those were the good ole days where you could be 19 and legally drink beer and wine. Of course, having a driver's license from Puerto Rico was such a Godsend. It was all in Spanish and the numbers were out of order so I was the most popular guy on my wing in Brockman. If Charlie knew you well enough he would let you crash in the backroom and sleep off you drunken stupor and have them wake you up in the morning.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: The Woods is back!!!

Postby Shadow » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am

Why not have a section for A Smile's for those of those of us who really go back to the days of the '50's?
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
harry56

Re: The Woods is back!!!

Postby harry56 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:28 am

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you

gclub
harry56

Re: The Woods is back!!!

Postby harry56 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:29 am

Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.


gclub

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 794 guests