As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
- olsingledigit
- Posts: 6080
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Have to say pretty ballsy by GT. Yep, Bush league. Glad he turned them down.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
-
mumuskie87
- Posts: 12160
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Even the GT fan posts on HoyaTalk thought it was bush league.olsingledigit wrote:Have to say pretty ballsy by GT. Yep, Bush league. Glad he turned them down.
I can't think of a time when a current sitting coach leaving his school going to a school in the same conference.
Has that ever happened?
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
- olsingledigit
- Posts: 6080
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
It probably has happened but I would guess not too often. Is it verified they approached Mack or just rumor?mumuskie87 wrote:Even the GT fan posts on HoyaTalk thought it was bush league.olsingledigit wrote:Have to say pretty ballsy by GT. Yep, Bush league. Glad he turned them down.
I can't think of a time when a current sitting coach leaving his school going to a school in the same conference.
Has that ever happened?
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7017
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
mumuskie87 wrote:Even the GT fan posts on HoyaTalk thought it was bush league.olsingledigit wrote:Have to say pretty ballsy by GT. Yep, Bush league. Glad he turned them down.
I can't think of a time when a current sitting coach leaving his school going to a school in the same conference.
Has that ever happened?
The only one I know of is Tubby Smith, who I think went from GA to KY. However, I don't believe the $4M offer for three reasons:
1. I don't believe GTown would ever offer any coach this amount of money.
2. I don't believe the amount would have been disclosed. Interesting none of the others GTown reportedly offered publicized the figures.
3. I don't believe GTown would poach another coach within their own conference.
-
edgecliff hall
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Well, Anti-Homer, are you saying that it's likely or even possible or probable that this obviously Bogus Story was concocted by some "Shadowy" mysterious SOMEONE who wants to trick us into "Hating" Georgetown? L OH L
-
thecoach
- Posts: 1492
- Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 am
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
It was planted by someone wanting to get Mack a raise.
-
Gorilla '69
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Weren't K-State and W.Va.in the same league when tHuggy switched jobs? Or did W.Va.join later?mumuskie87 wrote:Even the GT fan posts on HoyaTalk thought it was bush league.olsingledigit wrote:Have to say pretty ballsy by GT. Yep, Bush league. Glad he turned them down.
I can't think of a time when a current sitting coach leaving his school going to a school in the same conference.
Has that ever happened?
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
-
thecoach
- Posts: 1492
- Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 am
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Huggins was at Wv when they were still in the Big East.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 797 guests
