Opening line
-
hoosiermuskie
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:23 pm
- Contact:
Opening line
AZ by 7.5. Take the Muskies again and get rich!!!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Opening line
wasn't that the line in the FSU game?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
hoosiermuskie
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Opening line
I believe it was 6 against FSU. I guess a point and a half only makes a difference to high rollers like single digitmuskieman wrote:wasn't that the line in the FSU game?
-
X-Expert
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
- Contact:
Re: Opening line
I think this game will be close but wouldn't touch that bet. X was ahead with about 7 minutes a couple of years ago and lost by eight but the game was way closer.
-
Wildcat
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 am
- Contact:
Re: Opening line
The line is b.s. pure and simple. You can't tell me that my Cats are 7.5 points better on a neutral floor than the Musketeers are playing right now. If Xavier reverts back to its stretch from February 11 - March 1 then I'd say the 7.5 points are fair but this line is definitely a stretch. Fortunately for us, I can guarantee Miller isn't paying attention to the line and obviously knows your team is very capable of walking away with the win tomorrow night.
-
mumuskie87
- Posts: 12160
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Opening line
Ken Pom projects AZ winning 73-69
Az is 7-3 when scoring less than 70 points and 25-1 when scoring 70 or more points.
X is 14-1 when holding opponents to under 70 pts but 9-12 when allowing more than 70 pts.
Will need to slow the pace and limit their TO's to have a chance.
Don't expect X to shoot 65% from 3 but if they shoot 40%, think they have a punchers chance,
Az is 7-3 when scoring less than 70 points and 25-1 when scoring 70 or more points.
X is 14-1 when holding opponents to under 70 pts but 9-12 when allowing more than 70 pts.
Will need to slow the pace and limit their TO's to have a chance.
Don't expect X to shoot 65% from 3 but if they shoot 40%, think they have a punchers chance,
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
- olsingledigit
- Posts: 6080
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Opening line
I don't bet, but I know someone who does.hoosiermuskie wrote:I believe it was 6 against FSU. I guess a point and a half only makes a difference to high rollers like single digitmuskieman wrote:wasn't that the line in the FSU game?
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
-
xu koop scoop
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Opening line
XU's Seniors aren't ready for this ride to end. This includes our ecstatic transfers, Bernard & Gaston, whose best chance to shine is with XU & they know it. Bernard gave a talk in players meeting about players being selfish & has become a quiet, but real floor leader. Bluiett is for all purposes a Senior & is ready to "attack & finish". The urn with ashes will be at the game & will fire us up for a victory.
I care not at all about the line - as I don't bet on XU games except a friendly UC bet. I am sure the Zona players are fired up too. We just need a bigger fire than Zona's .
I care not at all about the line - as I don't bet on XU games except a friendly UC bet. I am sure the Zona players are fired up too. We just need a bigger fire than Zona's .
-
xu koop scoop
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Opening line
Kadeem Allen seems to be the only Zona Sr that regularly plays. We have two Seniors who do regularly play. That could help. Also, Zona is
only 3-4 against Top 25 teams. Losses were to Gonzaga by 7 and Butler by 4 on neutral floors. Also lost to Oregon by 27 & lost at home to UCLA.
only 3-4 against Top 25 teams. Losses were to Gonzaga by 7 and Butler by 4 on neutral floors. Also lost to Oregon by 27 & lost at home to UCLA.
- olsingledigit
- Posts: 6080
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Opening line
If we make it to the FF the jar of ashes will take on a new meaning. The FF is in Phoenix and this team would then certainly have been said to have risen from its own ashes.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 958 guests
