NIT Bound

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: NIT Bound

Postby Shadow » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:09 pm

muskieman wrote: the committee held out to the last pick just to give him hope.
Maybe so but it was damn hard on my nerves.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
muskienick
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: NIT Bound

Postby muskienick » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:14 pm

gym from delhi wrote:Random musings from one of the few who has season tix to both X and UC: 1) UC is a legitimate Final Four candidate because the overall pool has no standout; if Gonzaga (who plays in a worse league than UC) is truly number one, at least a dozen teams have a legitimate shot; 2) in the last twenty years the two worst coached teams I've seen were Jerry Wainwright's DePaul squad and Jeff Bdezelik's Wake Forest team (whoever 's got the ball crossing halfcourt, shoot it!); add another to the mix in Tubby Smith's Memphis team. If you think X doesn't have many set plays, I don't believe Memphis has any..
There is no team in the AAC as good as the second place team in Gonzaga;s Conference (St. Mary's). After that, it's a toss-up among the also-rans
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
bluegrass
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: NIT Bound

Postby bluegrass » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:24 pm

XU Captain wrote:Good effort tonight. But I have a feeling we are going to be disappointed when the 68 teams are announced. Too many losses at the end, plus no Sumner will allow the committee to overlook Xavier. The NIT is not what anyone wants. At least it's basketball in March.
Captain,my captain , you were wrong
muncie6569
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NIT Bound

Postby muncie6569 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 pm

To those negative posters who wanted to fire Chrismac and how terrible this team was and how we would never get in the in NCAA tournament I have one thing to say oh ye of so little faith
Anti-Homer
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: NIT Bound

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:11 pm

muncie6569 wrote:To those negative posters who wanted to fire Chrismac and how terrible this team was and how we would never get in the in NCAA tournament I have one thing to say oh ye of so little faith
Captain may be gone, but at least we have someone else to take his place in pushing a completely, false narrative. During bball season, I get on the board 4-5 times a week, and almost daily in the last month. I remember only one person calling for CM's head, despite what many feel has been a down year. At least Captain's opinion was based on bizarre analysis, which was not yet proven factually wrong when posted. Munice is insinuating there were more than a few who called for CM's firing, which is patently false.

Captain may be gone, but at least the delusion of one poster will keep his spirit alive. So he's got that going for him; which is nice.
skyhops
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: NIT Bound

Postby skyhops » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Making the tourney should be expected. Time to get a couple wins.
muncie6569
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NIT Bound

Postby muncie6569 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Anti homer ... check out this tread on this site viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18728
ChitownSteve
Posts: 2046
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: NIT Bound

Postby ChitownSteve » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Shadow wrote:
muskieman wrote: the committee held out to the last pick just to give him hope.
Maybe so but it was damn hard on my nerves.
Never panicked, just treated it as if the teams were being announced alphabetically.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: NIT Bound

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:49 pm

muncie6569 wrote:Anti homer ... check out this tread on this site viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18728

Munice,

I agree there was a lot of criticism, along with a lot of defense (largely from Captain no less), of CM, but though I just perused the posts, I didn't see anyone calling for his head. I'm not crazy about his in-game coaching, or aspects of the management of his leadership/decision making of the program (many defections and recruitment of guys like Eyikor, whose legal problems of a "hit and run" charge against an off-duty police officer wasn't even fully resolved when he arrived on campus), but I like the way he represents the program, and thinks he runs good out of bounds plays. However, I've Never ever called for his head, and will support him as long as he is the coach of the team. However, who cares? This is a message board.

As long as there is nothing mean-spirited, baseless, or personal said about CM, the players, or administration, I see no reason why such opinions shouldn't be tolerated. If you disagree or are offended - which would astonish me, simply ignore the post, or debate it. Half the country calls for the head of the POTUS daily, a tradition carried from one administration to the next. Should we disallow them from voting in future elections if they voted for the losing candidate? For those who voted against Obama, does that meant they were wrong in thinking health care reform was a bad idea?

For those who voted against Trump and deplore his immigration policy, does it mean they're wrong since he was voted President? Honestly, I am completely stunned how personal people receive contrary opinions about a very insignificant topic like basketball. I assure you millionaire coaches don't give a damn, and if they did, it would make me question their decision making even more.
muncie6569
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NIT Bound

Postby muncie6569 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:10 pm

I never said you called for his head. My intention was to point out that many spoke negatively about the coach and this team, and stated the season was basically over and I pointed out how wrong they were. I'm confused why you took my original comment personally.?. Some gave up on this team, that's a fact. I didn't...I don't know if you did or didn't but it makes no difference to me one way or another. I don't care if some people choose to be negative, I simply don't and this season is a classic example of sticking behind our team. Go X!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 882 guests