Scruggs MCL Tear

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
XU80
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:16 pm
Contact:

Scruggs MCL Tear

Postby XU80 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 pm

A friend passed along very disturbing news that Paul Scruggs tore his MCL. It is in SLAM (not heard of this rag). The article quotes Scruggs as working hard to get back on the court by next February. Sorry to be a downer on a day when we got into the dance. Does anyone else have information on this injury report?
XU80
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Scruggs MCL Tear

Postby XU80 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:58 pm

I did some checking into this story and it is old news, happy to say. He played this past weekend in California. He did have the injury but has recovered and is playing now.
True_Blue
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Scruggs MCL Tear

Postby True_Blue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:57 am

I read an article about his injury but could not get more information about it.
glad he is back playing.

People on another post were concerned about him being a "1 and done" guy....

In another article I read he said something to this effect:
"I am focusing on being ready for D1 college basketball and being eligible."

I'd be more scared about him being eligible than a 1-and done. These guys hope around from team to team in HS...and sometimes from HS to HS...and sometimes the classes they take don't add up to making them eligible....no idea where he stands...

but that would be my concern!
bluegrass
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Scruggs MCL Tear

Postby bluegrass » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:00 am

True_Blue wrote:I read an article about his injury but could not get more information about it.
glad he is back playing.

People on another post were concerned about him being a "1 and done" guy....

In another article I read he said something to this effect:
"I am focusing on being ready for D1 college basketball and being eligible."

I'd be more scared about him being eligible than a 1-and done. These guys hope around from team to team in HS...and sometimes from HS to HS...and sometimes the classes they take don't add up to making them eligible....no idea where he stands...

but that would be my concern!
Yes Didn't we have that issue with someone else? Semaj or Jalen?
Pierre Dracot
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Scruggs MCL Tear

Postby Pierre Dracot » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:31 pm

XU80 wrote:A friend passed along very disturbing news that Paul Scruggs tore his MCL. It is in SLAM (not heard of this rag). The article quotes Scruggs as working hard to get back on the court by next February. Sorry to be a downer on a day when we got into the dance. Does anyone else have information on this injury report?
Next February? It must have been last month that they referred to.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Scruggs MCL Tear

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:21 am

Daniel Poulter‏ @DanielJPoulter Mar 10
More
Paul Scruggs(@the1paulscruggs) is dunking. His knee is looking good. Game time decision for the #XavierNation commit.

Daniel Poulter‏ @DanielJPoulter Mar 11
More
Entering the game @the1paulscruggs. First game back from injury.

Daniel Poulter‏ @DanielJPoulter Mar 11
More
Hell of a game from @the1paulscruggs. First game back from his knee injury.

BTW March 10th was his birthday

WHO IS Daniel Poulter
@DanielJPoulter
Writer covering Napa Valley sports and Prolific Prep for the @NVR_Sports.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 846 guests