A truly special player

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
26+6=1
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:56 pm
Contact:

A truly special player

Postby 26+6=1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:20 am

We shall not see another player like him for a long time, if ever! He was indomitable last night, and his last shot was straight on and only inches short!
Maybe not a perfect player, but what an example of courage, determination, and skill.
Thank you young man. You were inspiring!

26+6=1
Michigan Musketeer
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:20 pm
Contact:

Re: A truly special player

Postby Michigan Musketeer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:07 am

What a clutch performance by JP and the rest of the team to offset some unbelievable shooting by the Bluejays. When you look at the stats I can't believe we kept it that close and had a chance to win. This team belongs in the Dance and may surprise some of the so called experts.
muskienick
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: A truly special player

Postby muskienick » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:32 am

Michigan Musketeer wrote:What a clutch performance by JP and the rest of the team to offset some unbelievable shooting by the Bluejays. When you look at the stats I can't believe we kept it that close and had a chance to win. This team belongs in the Dance and may surprise some of the so called experts.
I think the stats indicate perfectly why the game was as close as it was:
--- Yes, CU outscored us by 3 points by outscoring us by 8 points from the field while we outscored them by 5 points from the line.
--- The only other stat that CU beat us was assists: they had 20 to our 13.
--- XU out-rebounded CU by 7
--- XU stole the ball from CU 6 more times than they stole it from us
--- XU had four fewer personal fouls than CU
--- Both teams had the same number of blocked shots (4) and turnovers (12)

It was a closely, and well-played, game by both teams!

I would love to see the Wildcats defeat Creighton today by 1 point in the third overtime. That would preserve VU's #1 seed (overall) by winning and probably enhance CU's seeding by a slot or two.

The Big East should get at least 6 in the dance!
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
bluegrass
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: A truly special player

Postby bluegrass » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:19 pm

muskienick wrote:
Michigan Musketeer wrote:What a clutch performance by JP and the rest of the team to offset some unbelievable shooting by the Bluejays. When you look at the stats I can't believe we kept it that close and had a chance to win. This team belongs in the Dance and may surprise some of the so called experts.
I think the stats indicate perfectly why the game was as close as it was:
--- Yes, CU outscored us by 3 points by outscoring us by 8 points from the field while we outscored them by 5 points from the line.
--- The only other stat that CU beat us was assists: they had 20 to our 13.
--- XU out-rebounded CU by 7
--- XU stole the ball from CU 6 more times than they stole it from us
--- XU had four fewer personal fouls than CU
--- Both teams had the same number of blocked shots (4) and turnovers (12)

It was a closely, and well-played, game by both teams!

I would love to see the Wildcats defeat Creighton today by 1 point in the third overtime. That would preserve VU's #1 seed (overall) by winning and probably enhance CU's seeding by a slot or two.

The Big East should get at least 6 in the dance!
It better be 7 because I think we're the 7th team
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 6080
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: A truly special player

Postby olsingledigit » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:25 pm

I disagree, Bluegrass. I put us a the fifth of seven after taking Butler down and going to the wire with Creighton. I put us ahead of Marquette and PC.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
MOSQUETERO
Posts: 1318
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: A truly special player

Postby MOSQUETERO » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:09 pm

olsingledigit wrote:I disagree, Bluegrass. I put us a the fifth of seven after taking Butler down and going to the wire with Creighton. I put us ahead of Marquette and PC.
I agree with you Digit and Dancecard agrees with you as well as they have Marquette and PC underneath us. A few years ago we were the 5th and last team from the BE and we ended up playing in Dayton which sucked.
hoosiermuskie
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:23 pm
Contact:

Re: A truly special player

Postby hoosiermuskie » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:31 pm

olsingledigit wrote:I disagree, Bluegrass. I put us a the fifth of seven after taking Butler down and going to the wire with Creighton. I put us ahead of Marquette and PC.
Digit we are 10-12 but could be out :evil:
yellow20xd
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:41 am
Contact:

Re: A truly special player

Postby yellow20xd » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:19 pm

He's got another year of eligibility... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 6080
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: A truly special player

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:08 pm

hoosiermuskie wrote:
olsingledigit wrote:I disagree, Bluegrass. I put us a the fifth of seven after taking Butler down and going to the wire with Creighton. I put us ahead of Marquette and PC.
Digit we are 10-12 but could be out :evil:
Looks like I was right on this one and we won our first NCAA game.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 895 guests