NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby xu koop scoop » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:44 pm

NKU listed at 89 in RPI today. Georgetown at 96, St John 138, DePaul 229.
I really think NKU gets a 14 seed & want others seeding opinion for NKU.
XUs still at 34 right now before start of DePaul game.
XU Captain
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby XU Captain » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:13 pm

xu koop scoop wrote:NKU listed at 89 in RPI today. Georgetown at 96, St John 138, DePaul 229.
I really think NKU gets a 14 seed & want others seeding opinion for NKU.
XUs still at 34 right now before start of DePaul game.
NKU is a 15 seed unless more upsets in small leagues. The maybe a 14. Their SOS kills them. They also played two non-Division I schools that kills their sked strength. Frankly, though, NKU is better than Xavier at this point in the season.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

XU Captain wrote:
xu koop scoop wrote:NKU listed at 89 in RPI today. Georgetown at 96, St John 138, DePaul 229.
I really think NKU gets a 14 seed & want others seeding opinion for NKU.
XUs still at 34 right now before start of DePaul game.
NKU is a 15 seed unless more upsets in small leagues. The maybe a 14. Their SOS kills them. They also played two non-Division I schools that kills their sked strength. Frankly, though, NKU is better than Xavier at this point in the season.
that is one person's opinion and not really based on a lot of evidence. Name one school that NKU beat that X could not beat and how many of the big east teams could NKU could beat?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
tacitus
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby tacitus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:37 am

NKU better than X at this, or any other, point in the season?

That really is ONE person's opinion. There is probably no one even on the NKU roster who would think that.

Their best win is against Valparaiso and they have lost their only two games against teams with even a shot at making the field of 68.

Good grief. I mean even their raw record is not that much better than ours despite the vastly inferior schedule.

We would beat them by 20 with the same 7-man lineup we had last night.

Please note, this is not to discredit NKU's historic season. Is there any other team in history that won their conference tournament and got an auto bid in their first eligible season???
Let's March!
bluegrass
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby bluegrass » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:46 am

NKU would be at the bottom of the BE right now but watch out for that program.They've quickly become the top team in the Horizon League.I think they'd certainly give X a game if they played.Does their coach bolt if the success continues?
tacitus
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby tacitus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:47 am

bluegrass wrote:NKU would be at the bottom of the BE right now but watch out for that program.
Understatement of the year. If NKU were in the BE this year, then they would have won at most 2-3 games in the conference.

And they would be competitive against X for maybe one half, but we would beat them by double digits 9 times out of 10.

But I agree that they have potential to become a solid mid-major team that competes in the Horizon every year and makes the tournament a few times per decade. They could start to pull off the occasional upset and in a few years they may get their first tourney win. With a likely 15 seed this year, they will most likely be one and done.
Let's March!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:26 am

tacitus wrote:
bluegrass wrote:NKU would be at the bottom of the BE right now but watch out for that program.
Understatement of the year. If NKU were in the BE this year, then they would have won at most 2-3 games in the conference.

And they would be competitive against X for maybe one half, but we would beat them by double digits 9 times out of 10.

But I agree that they have potential to become a solid mid-major team that competes in the Horizon every year and makes the tournament a few times per decade. They could start to pull off the occasional upset and in a few years they may get their first tourney win. With a likely 15 seed this year, they will most likely be one and done.
I wonder what games they would have won? Depaul might be bad in the BE but with their talent they are better overall than NKU. It might be close and they might beat them once but not twice. I guess they will prove us wrong or right in the Big Dance.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
tacitus
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby tacitus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:48 am

muskieman wrote:
tacitus wrote:
bluegrass wrote:NKU would be at the bottom of the BE right now but watch out for that program.
Understatement of the year. If NKU were in the BE this year, then they would have won at most 2-3 games in the conference.

And they would be competitive against X for maybe one half, but we would beat them by double digits 9 times out of 10.

But I agree that they have potential to become a solid mid-major team that competes in the Horizon every year and makes the tournament a few times per decade. They could start to pull off the occasional upset and in a few years they may get their first tourney win. With a likely 15 seed this year, they will most likely be one and done.
I wonder what games they would have won? Depaul might be bad in the BE but with their talent they are better overall than NKU. It might be close and they might beat them once but not twice. I guess they will prove us wrong or right in the Big Dance.
I think they would have been in last place in the Big East. I think DePaul at NKU is the only hypothetical game that wouldn't have been that big of a surprise for them to win.
Let's March!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:44 am

tacitus wrote: I think they would have been in last place in the Big East. I think DePaul at NKU is the only hypothetical game that wouldn't have been that big of a surprise for them to win.
My guess is that DePaul might be only one but DePaul does have more talent and I think would still beat NKU more than they would lose to them at this point.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Xavier2005
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:58 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby Xavier2005 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:21 pm

NKU is in the Dance its first year eligible. You just cannot beat that period. I do not think NKU gives a damn what their seed is or who they play. Darn it....they are in the Dance...that is all that matters to them.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1255 guests