NIT Bound
-
PT71
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:26 pm
- Contact:
Re: NIT Bound
Childish! The two main protagonists should BOTH take a break from this board! Who the heck enjoys this BS? I concur that true Muskie supporters, support them regardless of the poor play, defections, injuries, coaching/players gaffes. I played baseball at X many moons ago, and not one player intentionally played poorly, nor didn't work at their craft. The two of you bickering in a sophomoric way, remind me of the "talking heads" on major sports networks...they infuse controversy into the "discussions" to bolster ratings and viewer-ship. Thinly-veiled, however. Support our team, our players and our coaches! Hey, Oldsingledigit (think I got that right)...attended X's games at MSG last year...W vs. Marquette and an L vs. SH...supported them during both...MSG is cavernous. so once you find your seats, move down closer after a bit, cuz not nearly all of the seats will be sold...its no big deal as we noticed many do it. Enjoy. Go X!
-
PT71
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:26 pm
- Contact:
Re: NIT Bound
...that was, Oldhoopster2...sorry.
-
gym from delhi
- Posts: 733
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: NIT Bound
Random musings from one of the few who has season tix to both X and UC: 1) UC is a legitimate Final Four candidate because the overall pool has no standout; if Gonzaga (who plays in a worse league than UC) is truly number one, at least a dozen teams have a legitimate shot; 2) in the last twenty years the two worst coached teams I've seen were Jerry Wainwright's DePaul squad and Jeff Bdezelik's Wake Forest team (whoever 's got the ball crossing halfcourt, shoot it!); add another to the mix in Tubby Smith's Memphis team. If you think X doesn't have many set plays, I don't believe Memphis has any..
-
titansbaseball01
- Posts: 511
- Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: NIT Bound
I just got a chance to read through this entire thread, and I have to say it was very comical. The arguments on here are ridiculous and the name calling is terrible. We are all X fans, some are more optimistic then others, but neither should be making personal attacks on others.
I personally think that X is in good shape of making the tournament. We have 18 wins, no bad losses, a high SOS and RPI, and as of now an above .500 conference record in a top 5 conference. I think we will win 2 of the last 3 and that will make us an absolute lock. Even if we win one I think we will be fine.
Will we be a high seed? No, will we make a deep run, probably not, but will we miss the NCAA, as of now no we will not.
I personally think that X is in good shape of making the tournament. We have 18 wins, no bad losses, a high SOS and RPI, and as of now an above .500 conference record in a top 5 conference. I think we will win 2 of the last 3 and that will make us an absolute lock. Even if we win one I think we will be fine.
Will we be a high seed? No, will we make a deep run, probably not, but will we miss the NCAA, as of now no we will not.
-
JKC74
- Posts: 363
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:30 pm
- Contact:
Re: NIT Bound
Does anyone know if Mike Bobinski is still part of the selection committee? I know he was in the past.
-
MOSQUETERO
- Posts: 1318
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: NIT Bound
Like Titan I've also read the entire thread and I can't seem to find the reason why this team would be better off going to the NIT and "hosting 3 or 4 games". I don't think we've packed it in and we have Tre back. I don't think we'll tank the last 3 games plus the opening round of the BET. I think we get in with 20 wins and a 10-8 conference record would be great. But I don't see how 3 or 4 NIT games would be value added at all. And when it's all said and done will the Captain come and say "See, I told you so" or will he still be humble and face the music and say "Okay, you guys were right".
-
oldhoopster2
- Posts: 106
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:08 pm
- Contact:
Re: NIT Bound
Thanks for the heads up. We'll see how the seats are, then move down. Used to do that at final fours before they put security checking at each level. When Wisconsin lost in the semi-finals the year Mateen Cleaves and Mich St won, we moved down from almost the top row at Indy into some seats in the Wisconsin area just a few rows back from the court. Don't know if MSG is the same with many only watching their team play, leaving the other seats open, but we'll keep our eyes open.MSG is cavernous. so once you find your seats, move down closer after a bit, cuz not nearly all of the seats will be sold...its no big deal as we noticed many do it. Enjoy. Go X!
- olsingledigit
- Posts: 6080
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
- Contact:
Re: NIT Bound
It has been years since he was on and chair of that committee. He is not on it now and has his hands full at Purdue.JKC74 wrote:Does anyone know if Mike Bobinski is still part of the selection committee? I know he was in the past.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: NIT Bound
X's resume lacks quality wins other than Creighton, and many losses against tourney teams. However, they are in a very good conference with a high rpi, They also have only one subpar-not bad loss in CO.. and the SOS is very good. I think the only tourney we should ever aspire for is the NCAA Tourney, b/c playing in the NIT is bad for recruiting, especially for a preseason Top 10 team, and imo, not motivating to the players, unless you play for E Tenn St, or like teams. Granted, we lost our starting pg, and wing for 3 days (as well as Myles Davis, whose contributions last yr were widely exaggerated), but we were playing poorly before the injuries, and we were still regarded as one of the best teams in the country w/o Davis being on the team. Also, 68 teams qualify for God's sake.
Even Muskieman finished 27th in voting for the POTUS, and they were all write-in votes.
Even Muskieman finished 27th in voting for the POTUS, and they were all write-in votes.
-
XU Captain
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: NIT Bound
Here...from Andy MacWilliams, former XU radio guy on this forum in a story....this should shut you up and eliminate any further posts from you. You said any reputable source and you will stop posting. Andy Mac has more credibility than any media in this city. See below.pcp33 wrote:Captain, if you can point me to any reputable source that predicts Xavier will miss this year's NCAA tournament, I will stop posting.
NEXT-NCAA AT LARGE BID:
Xavier is 18-10 currently with a 22 NCAA RPI( way better power rating and Strength of Schedule than heading into the final week of the regular season in 2014 and 2015). The negatives are 4 straight losses and a 3-4 February record. IF XU were to lose the next four including their first game in NYC,they certainly would be left out of the NCAAs.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 691 guests
