Impressive dominance of Jones over this very heralded Patton. Jones outperformed him in every category except blocked shots. He managed this in only 18 minutes played vs. 28 for Patton. 18pts vs. 7. 4 rebounds vs. 2. 0 turnovers vs. 1. 1 block vs. 5 for Patton.
It will be so interesting to see the development that this young man goes through playing for us. Can't wait!
26+6=1
Jones vs. Patton
-
xu koop scoop
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Jones vs. Patton
Heard RUMORS Jones Is fighting some sort of foot injury or aggravation which is why his minutes can be limited. Any insider info?
-
webxu
- Posts: 228
- Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Jones vs. Patton
he has patellar tendonitis. as reported previously, unless he picked up something new.
- olsingledigit
- Posts: 6080
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Jones vs. Patton
We sit right behind the X bench and the trainers work on him every game during the game. Looked like a knee injury of some sort, so patellar tendonitis would fit with what we have observed. Lets hope he can play through it and it clears up for next season (like Edmund's issues did).
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
-
lionelchalmers0
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:41 am
- Contact:
Re: Jones vs. Patton
1. Yes it's patellar tendinitis chris Mack has been open about that. It's a nagging injury that essentially NEEDS rest to get better so I'm sure that's why his minutes are limited much to our chagrin.
2. If I'm watching that game as a unbiased person, I take jones over Patton 10/10. Patton had the spectacular blocks but was owned on defense by jones. He showed no semblance of an offensive game, having 5 points till a random tip in in the last minute. He was also fairly nonexistent on the boards (4-5 I think?)
2. If I'm watching that game as a unbiased person, I take jones over Patton 10/10. Patton had the spectacular blocks but was owned on defense by jones. He showed no semblance of an offensive game, having 5 points till a random tip in in the last minute. He was also fairly nonexistent on the boards (4-5 I think?)
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Jones vs. Patton
It this a serious post? I really loved Jones' effort on Saturday, but it was one game. Patton is better in every way than, and it ain't even close. Jones cannot put it on the floor, and outside of the game against Creighton, he shot about 40% from 2 feet and in. That being said, I look forward to Jones improving, but would not be surprised if he went 1 for 7 with 4 fouls on Wed. Obviously, I hope his performance is closer to Sat.'s.lionelchalmers0 wrote:1. Yes it's patellar tendinitis chris Mack has been open about that. It's a nagging injury that essentially NEEDS rest to get better so I'm sure that's why his minutes are limited much to our chagrin.
2. If I'm watching that game as a unbiased person, I take jones over Patton 10/10. Patton had the spectacular blocks but was owned on defense by jones. He showed no semblance of an offensive game, having 5 points till a random tip in in the last minute. He was also fairly nonexistent on the boards (4-5 I think?)
-
lionelchalmers0
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:41 am
- Contact:
Re: Jones vs. Patton
I did say watching THAT game, but if Patton is so great why did he let a freshman who barely saw the floor until the last two games shut him down on offense? Why did he let a freshman shooting "40% from two feet" take it right to him for a career high in points?Anti-Homer wrote:It this a serious post? I really loved Jones' effort on Saturday, but it was one game. Patton is better in every way than, and it ain't even close. Jones cannot put it on the floor, and outside of the game against Creighton, he shot about 40% from 2 feet and in. That being said, I look forward to Jones improving, but would not be surprised if he went 1 for 7 with 4 fouls on Wed. Obviously, I hope his performance is closer to Sat.'s.lionelchalmers0 wrote:1. Yes it's patellar tendinitis chris Mack has been open about that. It's a nagging injury that essentially NEEDS rest to get better so I'm sure that's why his minutes are limited much to our chagrin.
2. If I'm watching that game as a unbiased person, I take jones over Patton 10/10. Patton had the spectacular blocks but was owned on defense by jones. He showed no semblance of an offensive game, having 5 points till a random tip in in the last minute. He was also fairly nonexistent on the boards (4-5 I think?)
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Jones vs. Patton
lionelchalmers0 wrote:I did say watching THAT game, but if Patton is so great why did he let a freshman who barely saw the floor until the last two games shut him down on offense? Why did he let a freshman shooting "40% from two feet" take it right to him for a career high in points?Anti-Homer wrote:It this a serious post? I really loved Jones' effort on Saturday, but it was one game. Patton is better in every way than, and it ain't even close. Jones cannot put it on the floor, and outside of the game against Creighton, he shot about 40% from 2 feet and in. That being said, I look forward to Jones improving, but would not be surprised if he went 1 for 7 with 4 fouls on Wed. Obviously, I hope his performance is closer to Sat.'s.lionelchalmers0 wrote:1. Yes it's patellar tendinitis chris Mack has been open about that. It's a nagging injury that essentially NEEDS rest to get better so I'm sure that's why his minutes are limited much to our chagrin.
2. If I'm watching that game as a unbiased person, I take jones over Patton 10/10. Patton had the spectacular blocks but was owned on defense by jones. He showed no semblance of an offensive game, having 5 points till a random tip in in the last minute. He was also fairly nonexistent on the boards (4-5 I think?)
I did say watching THAT game
Point taken. However, despite how much better Jones played, you can see the skillset of Patton. A 7 footer who can hit an elbow jumper, handle the ball very well for a tall post player, in space, and around the rim, and his defensive skills/shot blocking ability. Reminds me of a little taller, little less talented Anthony Davis. I'd be surprised if he wasn't a lottery pick this year, assuming that he goes.
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Jones vs. Patton
Why make subjective comparisons?
Simply state that Patton is a one man swat team and Jones is still learning.
Simply state that Patton is a one man swat team and Jones is still learning.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
-
xu koop scoop
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Jones vs. Patton
I thoroughly enjoy watching BASKETBALL JONES, but would trade him straight up for PATTON. Well, maybe not as PATTON will probably jump
to the NBA sooner than later, and JONES will probably be a 4 year man. I still prefer to see a player grow over 4 years . Anybody remember Jordan Crawford, our 1 year wonder. Give me a lesser player for 3 or 4 years
to the NBA sooner than later, and JONES will probably be a 4 year man. I still prefer to see a player grow over 4 years . Anybody remember Jordan Crawford, our 1 year wonder. Give me a lesser player for 3 or 4 years
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 836 guests
