A 10 Conf. is 25-19 ?????

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
RONALD78
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am
Contact:

A 10 Conf. is 25-19 ?????

Postby RONALD78 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:39 am

I was looking at the A10 Conference record/standings Sunday morning. If the record of each team was correct as of 11-23, it appears that the A10 is not doing very well against non-conference competition at 25-19. This I assume will translate into a very poor conference RPI etc. The A10 appears to be very weak. I know it is still early in the season,but this may translate to one, maybe two A10 teams getting into the NCAA tourney.
RONALD78
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am
Contact:

Re: A 10 Conf. is 25-19 ?????

Postby RONALD78 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:54 am

Whereas, the ACC has lost 2 games (Xavier was there first), the Big East has lost 4, the Big 10 has lost one, and the Big 12 has lost 2.......the best conference records so far.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: A 10 Conf. is 25-19 ?????

Postby Mr. Neutral » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:16 am

And, other than our wins over Missouri and VT, I'm not sure if the A10 has any wins that will catch the selection committee's eye in March.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
X is elite
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:41 am
Contact:

Re: A 10 Conf. is 25-19 ?????

Postby X is elite » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:49 am

I am not making any excuses for the amount losses, but a good amount of them have been to some good teams. The one team that makes no sense is Charlotte, how in the hell do you lost to Old Dominion by 1, to App. St in overtime, and Clemson by 1. Hopefully the A-10 picks it up here a bit with some more wins. I have no doubt that X will be fine regardless.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: A 10 Conf. is 25-19 ?????

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Charlotte disappoints in the pre-season is sad because they did better last year with a less experienced team.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Blueblob4life
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: A 10 Conf. is 25-19 ?????

Postby Blueblob4life » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:16 pm

along with this, everyone should brace themselves to hear the term "mid-major" being thrown around again, merely because of our conference. Fran Fraschilla said it himself at the beginning of tonight's game, that he'd have to bite his tongue and refrain from using that term in the same sentence with Xavier.
Lead Guitar
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: A 10 Conf. is 25-19 ?????

Postby Lead Guitar » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:49 am

Most of the A-10 have not gotten into all of their guarantee games. I suspect they will add a few victories.
bluegrass
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: A 10 Conf. is 25-19 ?????

Postby bluegrass » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:05 pm

UD's win over Bethune Cookman is going to stand out on their resume come March.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 911 guests