Chris Braswell commits

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
jct1941
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
Contact:

Chris Braswell commits

Postby jct1941 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:56 pm

Both Scout and Rivals have said that Chris is going to Charlotte. I guess Sash19 was right again about him being down to XU and Charlotte. Sean and his staff will come up with a suitable replacement. Do we really need another big man next year? I wonder who the next player in line will be?
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Chris Braswell commits

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm

From Zagsblog----

BRASWELL TO CHARLOTTE

In other news, 6-8, 215-pound PF Chris Braswell, a onetime Georgetown commit, has verbally committed to Charlotte after visiting the school this weekend. Dave Telep of Scout first reported the story.

He chose Charlotte over Indiana, Virginia Tech, Xavier and Maryland because he was impressed by the attention paid by Bobby Lutz and his staff during the September live period.

I can't imagine that Miller and the assistants weren't as "attentive" as possible during Braswell's visit to X.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
jct1941
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
Contact:

Re: Chris Braswell commits

Postby jct1941 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:04 am

After thinking about for a while, it very well may have come down to playing time. We have a solid base of front court players and maybe he saw that Charlotte offered a better chance of playing significant minutes right away. At any rate, with Parrom commited we should be in good shape. It might be best to save the ship for next year.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Chris Braswell commits

Postby muskieman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:02 am

cfish also confirmed this in the IU gets center thread. While it would have been nice I guess we should not assume that any player is the only player we want. Sean seems to have a wide net for top prospects and like in the past he will find what he needs. I am surprised and not surprised he pick Char. He wanted to be closer to home but didn't want to play back to the basket (which he would more at Char. I wish him luck except when they play X. Charlotte. seems to be putting together a nice team and maybe they will be someone that joins X in the NCAA every year.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
madness31
Posts: 2200
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Chris Braswell commits

Postby madness31 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:15 pm

If I recall Charlotte had some strong seasons leading up to joining the A10. They seemed to fall back after joining our conference but had a nice season last year. They had some key wins to give the conference a strong RPI. Having lived in Charlotte for a brief period I can understand the areas attraction. The weather was incredible the entire time I lived there.
MuskieCinci
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Chris Braswell commits

Postby MuskieCinci » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Don't forget that Xavier also lands big time impact transfers such as Drew, CJ, and Jamel. I'm not worried about landing a big time recruit because we are always able to fill holes through other methods.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 732 guests