most photographed arches in Arches National falls

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

most photographed arches in Arches National falls

Postby muskieman » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:36 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/10/arch.c ... index.html

Hope shadow got to see it before it was gone!

Image

beforeImage
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: most photographed arches in Arches National falls

Postby Shadow » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Thanks for the thought MM, I saw it a couple years ago. Utah has a lot of interesting places but it does have it's drawbacks, not the least is the blasted heat.
When I left Sun Valley 0n 7/7/08 I had hoped to go north to Sandpoint and then south along the Snake river to northern UT but it was hot so I stayed north on Rte.. 2 and traversed MT, dropping down to 200 and then back to 2. I crossed into ND a couple hours ago and then in the morning I will visit the north section of T. Roosevelt NP and I point toward the SD Badlands.
From there it's anybody's guess.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: most photographed arches in Arches National falls

Postby muskieman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:38 pm

I read about a place in ND that has large Indian Tepees for a hotel room. The Dakotas are suppose to be beautiful county. Are you heading back to this part of the country? I hope you have not given up your nomad lifestyle.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: most photographed arches in Arches National falls

Postby Shadow » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:03 pm

NO - not giving it up. Wouldn't know what to do with time if I didn't wander. Too darn many places I haven't seen.
It was my plan to turn right when I got to the Dakotas so I will only see the western portions of the state as I plan to winter in TX this year. San Diego was too darn cold last year. Lot of wheat being harvested up here right now. Those combines are HUGE.
By the way, what the heck is a hotel? :P
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: most photographed arches in Arches National falls

Postby muskieman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:52 pm

I hear you on the hotel. I just thought you might like to see them. Is this just the USA tour or do you plan on going north next summer?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: most photographed arches in Arches National falls

Postby Shadow » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:00 pm

Some people camp - I tour.
It is my intention to head north again in the spring and am toying with the idea of hitting a few places I've missed, drive to Vancouver and them cross Canada to Nova Scotia and come back to the US through New England. Mind the word "toying".
I never know what will transpire until I get out of bed and get behind the wheel.
No plans - no destination.

Keep looking for the Swedish women's ski team to be hitchhiking but then again, if I did find them, what would I do with them. Age has its drawbacks as well as its advantages.
I will also interpolate within the above that diesel prices will have an affect on those desires.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: most photographed arches in Arches National falls

Postby muskieman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:35 pm

No plans - no destination.

That is my idea of the good life.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: most photographed arches in Arches National falls

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:50 am

muskieman wrote:No plans - no destination.

That is my idea of the good life.
It gets better. No schedule (and no reservations, either meaning)
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 809 guests