OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:26 am

Just reported on Chicago radio, reading the breaking news from another source (which I missed).
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:52 pm

You got him for $4 mill not bad for the WS. Good luck to Ken. Where will you play him? What will Ozzie do if Ken doesn't hustle...which he has been accused of in Cincy.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:58 pm

Former pitcher, now-announcer Steve Stone talked about the trade extensively on The Score (670AM) this morning, and said that if this is Kenny Williams' only deal, it raises more questions than answers, gives the Sox too many similar players, and doesn't address their most pressing needs, which are a good defensive CF and bullpen help.

There is some speculation that the Sox will send Nick Swisher back to Oakland for Huston Street, possibly platoon speedy youngster Dewayne Wise and Brian Anderson in center, and use Griffey at DH/1B/OF.

Konerko's on shaky ground as he's been injured, and is having a terrible year both offensively and defensively.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:26 pm

Send Konerko back to Cincy. I wonder how Ken would like DH or 1st base...he didn't want to play 1st base in Cincy.

I still wonder when the Ozzie tirade starts with Ken.

Ken wants to play for a winner and maybe the WS will fulfill that dream. I hope so.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:13 pm

Marty is on WLW's afternoon show and said he got an e-mail 15 minutes ago from Red's official which said deal is not final yet. I wonder if a snag has cropped up.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:00 pm

On Chicago radio this morning, they said that Griffey had until Saturday to OK it, so there may be a snag, or maybe not.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
passthepuck?
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Postby passthepuck? » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:30 pm

Thank god they have made room for Corey Patterson.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:39 pm

passthepuck? wrote:Thank god they have made room for Corey Patterson.
Everyone can't wait for him to lead off. Like spotting the other team an out.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
gym from delhi
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Postby gym from delhi » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:18 am

No other team in baseball was willing to sign Patterson, so the Reds did for $3 million. In arbitration they were obligated to quadruple Belisle's salary, after a sub-.500, over 5.00 ERA season. Meanwhile the Yankees get two of Pittsburgh's best three players for nothing. Face it fellas, baseball is ruined ; bring on football!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: Ken Griffey to White Sox, pending his approval

Postby muskieman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:02 pm

baseball is ruined

the only good thing is that the money clubs have not been as successful as the smart clubs.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 904 guests