Groce to get Ohio University head job

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Masterofreality
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Groce to get Ohio University head job

Postby Masterofreality » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Oh, well.

Smacktalk and pissing contests seem to arise in every tavern- even the internet variety.

The difference is on these, you can't really invite someone to "step outside."
PAY THE MAN!!!!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Groce to get Ohio University head job

Postby muskieman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:22 pm

I know Harry. I just find it interesting that this board and its mods were always being chastised that they 1) deleted too freely or 2) they didn't delete enough and 3) that there was always a pissing match going on and yet "pissing" matches are not the norm here anymore, 4) The owners didn't allow enough skin(even though I offered to send pictures of the muskieman in the buff.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
vee4xu
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Groce to get Ohio University head job

Postby vee4xu » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:22 pm

Mr. Neutral wrote:<<"I thought the new board was made to stop the pissing matches? Who'da thunk!>>

As Pete Townshend wrote so wisely years ago, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".
You know I love this board and those of you with whom I've talked for many years, so please do not take what I am about to say the wrong way. I am not going to make any comparisons here about that board because I make none about this board over there. However, the "other" board is very civil and enjoyable. I just thought you should know that so that you have the facts.

As for Groce leaving, this one is going to make Coach Matta's job a lot tougher. But, he'll figure it out. No one is irreplacable. At least that's they tell me when it's raise time at work.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Groce to get Ohio University head job

Postby Mr. Neutral » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:42 am

No offense taken, vee. I've always said there's room for as many boards as people want to visit. If it's this one, fine. If it's the other board, fine. If it's still yet another board, that's fine. If it's a combination of existing boards, that's fine as well.

As to Groce leaving OSU, I'm sure it will be a loss for the program, but I can't imagine good, young assistants lining up to work for Matta.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
X-band '01
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Groce to get Ohio University head job

Postby X-band '01 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:53 am

muskieman wrote:I thought the new board was made to stop the pissing matches? Who'da thunk!
We needed new pissing matches above and beyond what this board offered. And quite frankly, why should I come to a board where you can't keep repping a poster down into the 6th level of hell?
My name is X-band '01 and I approved this message.

"Every time Dayton loses, an angel gets his wings." - PMThor
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Groce to get Ohio University head job

Postby Mr. Neutral » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:47 am

And, for those who had to look it up (like me), the Sixth Circle (often referred to as the "level") of Hell is reserved for Heretics.

That's a pretty good description of this board that I started primarily so we Xavier b-ball "heretics" could have a place to rage against the machine (i.e., the mainstream X board).

As one definition of "heretic" is "one who dissents from an accepted belief or doctrine", I'm OK with that.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Muskie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Groce to get Ohio University head job

Postby Muskie » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:35 pm

I think Matta will be just fine. He apparently has an eye for talent when it comes to picking up assistants. I doubt Groce's ultimate goal was the to be whiteboard holder at OSU. I'll be rooting for him to do well at OU.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Groce to get Ohio University head job

Postby muskieman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:09 pm

Is x-band a devotee of Dante? Not Jackson!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
wkrq59
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
Contact:

Re: Groce to get Ohio University head job

Postby wkrq59 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:24 am

I'm too tired for all this. Snooze time for this Bear :mrgreen:
Eastside_J
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Groce to get Ohio University head job

Postby Eastside_J » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:23 am

Muskie wrote:I think Matta will be just fine. He apparently has an eye for talent when it comes to picking up assistants. I doubt Groce's ultimate goal was the to be whiteboard holder at OSU. I'll be rooting for him to do well at OU.
Matta has some great players lined up. But there are serious fault lines forming. Here is one HS coach who had some nice things to say, assuming calling Matta "clueless" and "idiot" is nice: http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=41...tegoryID=0

Groce's job at OU is going to get a lot easier if he picks up Armon Bassett (rumored).

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 830 guests