Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
Like I said, Fr Mike was out of town and when he gets back they will get it done when Sean wants it done. Fr Mike got back from his visit with the pope and now it is done for 10 more years. Sean will not be wearing Sears wear next year that is for sure.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
passthepuck?
- Posts: 304
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
- Contact:
Re: Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
Hey Muskieman: What was the Pope’s role in this extension? By the way I got a Pope bobble head last week, way cool.
-
True_Blue
- Posts: 216
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:26 pm
- Contact:
Re: Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
Assuming Dow is right and Miller's "Total Compensation" is just below $1M, this is very disappointing.... We are not thinking big time at all here...
Miller is still making less then Majerius...
It needed to be the the $1.3M range....
Miller is still making less then Majerius...
It needed to be the the $1.3M range....
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
pass, I think Miller's contract contained a clause saying that he got a lifetime supply of this product--
http://www.thepopescologne.com/
http://www.thepopescologne.com/
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
MarionHall4ever
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:40 pm
- Contact:
Re: Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
I'm a "glass is half full" kind of guy, so I think this is great news. I would say to True Blue that there is always going to be another Coach getting a bigger paycheck. It's the nature of the beast. For the moment Sean is apparently content. If nothing else, we should now be able to keep this topic off the board until the end of the 2008-2009 season.
“Send lawyers, guns and money. The sh*t has hit the fan.” Warren Zevon (R.I.P.)
If that fails, send the Jesuits
.
If that fails, send the Jesuits
-
xcellent
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
I disagree, I don't think that Miller is in it for the money, because if he was he would be gone. If you look at the article, this is his 3 contract extension in 4 years, thats pretty good. He was only making 325,000 base his first year, and he is now making 700,000-800,000 base, thats pretty good. Rick is making so much because he is a big name, and I think Miller knows we are willing to negotiate with him. It just seems to me that if he wanted to leave, he would be gone.
-
passthepuck?
- Posts: 304
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
- Contact:
Re: Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
Mr. N: I’m thinking Pius IX is not smelling real good right now.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
It was also mentioned that with the Popes not being known as chick magnets, that might not be the scent you want to go with.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Miller contract finally done, per Enquirer
You are disappointed that Sean didn't make 1.3, what do you get a cut or something? Sean is a smart man and if he said yes to 1 or less then why are you disappointed. Did you want to go brag to your buddies?True_Blue wrote:Assuming Dow is right and Miller's "Total Compensation" is just below $1M, this is very disappointing.... We are not thinking big time at all here...
Miller is still making less then Majerius...
It needed to be the the $1.3M range....
look Sean could have gone to many schools but stayed at X and if he stayed for less money then that might tell you something about the man. Maybe he got other perks that make the contract more appealing to Sean.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1022 guests
