In the past 10-20 years, how many teams have made two trips to the Elite 8 in a five year period? (I believe X has done it twice in four years, but four years seemed arbitrarily chosen to favor X as being even more elite in doing so.)
Feel free to correct my dates. I am really just curious about general information and how we stack up in this regard.
A Final Four would be incredible!
How many teams have acccomplished this?
-
principal
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:53 pm
- Contact:
-
UCLABru1ns
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Great question.... off the top of my head:
Xavier
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Memphis
North Carolina
Wisconsin
I am sure some other teams escape me right now, but those are the for sure answers to that question, assuming you're referring past 10-20 years.
Xavier
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Memphis
North Carolina
Wisconsin
I am sure some other teams escape me right now, but those are the for sure answers to that question, assuming you're referring past 10-20 years.
-
principal
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
I assume there have been a few...but the number must be pretty small. Is it safe to say we are the only non major conference team to do it?UCLABru1ns wrote:Great question.... off the top of my head:
Xavier
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Memphis
North Carolina
Wisconsin
I am sure some other teams escape me right now, but those are the for sure answers to that question, assuming you're referring past 10-20 years.
-
UCLABru1ns
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
You guys and Memphis (State).principal wrote:I assume there have been a few...but the number must be pretty small. Is it safe to say we are the only non major conference team to do it?UCLABru1ns wrote:Great question.... off the top of my head:
Xavier
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Memphis
North Carolina
Wisconsin
I am sure some other teams escape me right now, but those are the for sure answers to that question, assuming you're referring past 10-20 years.
-
principal
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Not quite sure how I missed Memphis in the initial list...You guys and Memphis (State).
-
UCLABru1ns
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
To err is human, to forget is....trojan.principal wrote:Not quite sure how I missed Memphis in the initial list...You guys and Memphis (State).
-
vamuskie
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:45 am
- Contact:
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Temple made it twice within a couple of years 8 or 9 years ago. Also twice within a few years recently that I can remember:
Arizona
UConn
Kentucky
Stanford
Oklahoma
Florida
Maryland
Kansas
Illinois
Texas
Arizona
UConn
Kentucky
Stanford
Oklahoma
Florida
Maryland
Kansas
Illinois
Texas
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
A Trojan is not a good thing to forget.UCLABru1ns wrote:
To err is human, to forget is....trojan.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
-
Biff Tannen
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:11 pm
- Contact:
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Our ole buddies crosstown the Cincinnati Bearcats went Final 4 in 1992, and Elite 8 in 93 and 96. That includes the past 20 years at least.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
There has to be a big mistake. How come no one put dayton on that list. I mean they have past us as a program, they have super star studs and with their coach of the year they must have been to an elite eight twice in the past 20 years.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 361 guests
