How many teams have acccomplished this?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
principal
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:53 pm
Contact:

How many teams have acccomplished this?

Postby principal » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:53 am

In the past 10-20 years, how many teams have made two trips to the Elite 8 in a five year period? (I believe X has done it twice in four years, but four years seemed arbitrarily chosen to favor X as being even more elite in doing so.)

Feel free to correct my dates. I am really just curious about general information and how we stack up in this regard.

A Final Four would be incredible!
UCLABru1ns
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 pm
Contact:

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?

Postby UCLABru1ns » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:03 am

Great question.... off the top of my head:

Xavier
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Memphis
North Carolina
Wisconsin

I am sure some other teams escape me right now, but those are the for sure answers to that question, assuming you're referring past 10-20 years.
principal
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:53 pm
Contact:

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?

Postby principal » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:14 am

UCLABru1ns wrote:Great question.... off the top of my head:

Xavier
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Memphis
North Carolina
Wisconsin

I am sure some other teams escape me right now, but those are the for sure answers to that question, assuming you're referring past 10-20 years.
I assume there have been a few...but the number must be pretty small. Is it safe to say we are the only non major conference team to do it?
UCLABru1ns
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 pm
Contact:

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?

Postby UCLABru1ns » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:15 am

principal wrote:
UCLABru1ns wrote:Great question.... off the top of my head:

Xavier
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Memphis
North Carolina
Wisconsin

I am sure some other teams escape me right now, but those are the for sure answers to that question, assuming you're referring past 10-20 years.
I assume there have been a few...but the number must be pretty small. Is it safe to say we are the only non major conference team to do it?
You guys and Memphis (State).
principal
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:53 pm
Contact:

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?

Postby principal » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:36 am

You guys and Memphis (State).
Not quite sure how I missed Memphis in the initial list...
UCLABru1ns
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 pm
Contact:

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?

Postby UCLABru1ns » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:48 am

principal wrote:
You guys and Memphis (State).
Not quite sure how I missed Memphis in the initial list...
To err is human, to forget is....trojan. :lol:
vamuskie
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:45 am
Contact:

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?

Postby vamuskie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:04 am

Temple made it twice within a couple of years 8 or 9 years ago. Also twice within a few years recently that I can remember:

Arizona
UConn
Kentucky
Stanford
Oklahoma
Florida
Maryland
Kansas
Illinois
Texas
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?

Postby Shadow » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:19 am

UCLABru1ns wrote:
To err is human, to forget is....trojan. :lol:
A Trojan is not a good thing to forget. :o
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
Biff Tannen
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:11 pm
Contact:

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?

Postby Biff Tannen » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:24 am

Our ole buddies crosstown the Cincinnati Bearcats went Final 4 in 1992, and Elite 8 in 93 and 96. That includes the past 20 years at least.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26783
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?

Postby muskieman » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:19 pm

There has to be a big mistake. How come no one put dayton on that list. I mean they have past us as a program, they have super star studs and with their coach of the year they must have been to an elite eight twice in the past 20 years.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 553 guests