Johnny Wolf
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Johnny Wolf
27 points and 5 for 8 on threes in his first game against Appalachian St
-
Biff Tannen
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:11 pm
- Contact:
Re: Johnny Wolf
I was waiting for someone to post that. I guess the great Johnny debate lives on!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Johnny Wolf
Glad to see former Xavier players having success. Good for you, Johnny.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
dbrownthrowsdown
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Johnny Wolf
Looks like he's back to the real Johnny that dunked over OJ Mayo and dropped 25 a game for the Bombers.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Johnny Wolf
Not great defense for the UNC Wilmington Seahawks. St Andrew their exhibition game scored 91 points and while ASU was overtime they scored 96 in regulation and 101 for the game.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Johnny Wolf
Another big scoring night for JW as he scored 20 on 7-11 shooting (3-6 on 3's) in NC-W's 105-97 win over Troy. He was only his team's 3rd leading scorer as one guy had 33 and another had 21.
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasket ... ROY@NCWILM
Either (1) he's a LOT better player than he showed at X, (2) the system at North Carolina-Wilmington is MUCH more suited for his game than that at X, or (3) the talent level just isn't the same at his new school.
It's probably a combination of the 3. I wish he had shown these offensive skills at X, but for the most part, he looked overmatched at a high-major Div. I level of play.
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasket ... ROY@NCWILM
Either (1) he's a LOT better player than he showed at X, (2) the system at North Carolina-Wilmington is MUCH more suited for his game than that at X, or (3) the talent level just isn't the same at his new school.
It's probably a combination of the 3. I wish he had shown these offensive skills at X, but for the most part, he looked overmatched at a high-major Div. I level of play.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
CarlosTheJackal
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
- Contact:
Re: Johnny Wolf
He's a perfect fit for a team that is going to score 100 and give up 95 and wear Teal unis. Yes, the team site promotes the team with the slogan "Teal Time." .
Er, that's not Xavier or Sean Miller's style. He was overmatched defending against almost any point or 2 he defended at this level. If he doesn't have to play defense, an entirely different player. Some one did his homework finding a place to play.
Er, that's not Xavier or Sean Miller's style. He was overmatched defending against almost any point or 2 he defended at this level. If he doesn't have to play defense, an entirely different player. Some one did his homework finding a place to play.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Johnny Wolf
Like Carlos said, I believe Johnny is on a team that plays matador defense, and at X, that would not do. If X played that type of D against the caliber of talent X playw, we would need to score in the 140s to win. Johnny is a good shooter but unless he has changed his shot, which he was trying to do at X, he would have increasing difficulty in the A-10 and some of our non-conf. foes.
One thing about Johnny-he was a good study on his mistakes and I never saw him repeat a mistake.
Like I said, glad to see him succeed; he is a good guy.
One thing about Johnny-he was a good study on his mistakes and I never saw him repeat a mistake.
Like I said, glad to see him succeed; he is a good guy.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Johnny Wolf
JW led UNC-Wilmington with 24 points in their 32-point loss to Wake Forest (120-88) tonight.
Obviously, UNC-W is playing a run-and-gun style, but I have to admit, I'm stunned to see him scoring this much, and against an ACC team like he did tonight.
Did X's system stifle him that much? Or is he just in a situation that suits his talents much, much better than X did?
Obviously, UNC-W is playing a run-and-gun style, but I have to admit, I'm stunned to see him scoring this much, and against an ACC team like he did tonight.
Did X's system stifle him that much? Or is he just in a situation that suits his talents much, much better than X did?
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Johnny Wolf
G, You have to look to last year for your answer....players with much more talent were asked to scored less points per game as team ball than JW is averaging so far. We would not have been that much better if he was playing and trying to score that many points. He would have helped but that would not be his role.Mr. Neutral wrote:JW led UNC-Wilmington with 24 points in their 32-point loss to Wake Forest (120-88) tonight.
Obviously, UNC-W is playing a run-and-gun style, but I have to admit, I'm stunned to see him scoring this much, and against an ACC team like he did tonight.
Did X's system stifle him that much? Or is he just in a situation that suits his talents much, much better than X did?

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 753 guests
