Illini Guard dismissed

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Illini Guard dismissed

Postby muskieman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:23 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3514064

"At this time, Jamar and his family need to focus their attention on the issues that have brought Jamar to this point,"

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/ ... tball_team
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
confusedbulldog
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Illini Guard dismissed

Postby confusedbulldog » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:11 pm

What does this have to do with Xavier basketball?
It seems this topic popped up along with several random posts. Do we really need all the posts?
UNC is the Darfur of intelligence.
XU fans don't root for UC football.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Illini Guard dismissed

Postby muskieman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:25 pm

First it not basketball, now its not Xavier basketball. If you don't like it don't read it.

Come up with some Xavier basketball news and post it.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
confusedbulldog
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Illini Guard dismissed

Postby confusedbulldog » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:40 pm

At my location I can't really find any information not already found through Dustin Dow's blog or ESPN. But I'd rather have no off-topic posts on the Xavier Basketball forum and it be perceived dead then having fluff that should be moved to other forums on the MM site.
UNC is the Darfur of intelligence.
XU fans don't root for UC football.
xeus
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Illini Guard dismissed

Postby xeus » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:54 am

confusedbulldog wrote:I'd rather have no off-topic posts on the Xavier Basketball forum and it be perceived dead then having fluff that should be moved to other forums on the MM site.
I'd rather have no whining about what posts belong in what forum. The thread is called "Illini Guard dismissed". What exactly are you even complaining about? Did you click on thread that thinking it was about Xavier basketball, despite its title?
confusedbulldog wrote:Do we really need all the posts?
If they are posts from you, complaining about other posts, then I'd say no - no we don't.

And for the record, nothing muskieman posts is fluff.
Welcome fellow scholars.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Illini Guard dismissed

Postby muskieman » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:28 am

sorry to disappoint confused but really what is fluff. Is it posting who WE think is the best coaches in the NCAA? Is it items that we have no control over but we give our 2 cents? There are many threads on other bb boards including ACC which I spend time on that detour from basketball or sports in the off season. This place tries to keep it to a small amount during the season. Maybe critics should realize they keep OT threads alive by posting. Maybe turning a basketball thread into a complaining thread about what need to be put on this board is fluff. What if this guy said I have Xavier on my list, does that make it acceptable to you confused.

xeus, thanks for the comments. No wonder they made you a greek god.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
confusedbulldog
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Illini Guard dismissed

Postby confusedbulldog » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:16 pm

With all this talk about fluff I may just have to make me a sandwich! Though I guess with it being summer I have more to nit-pick about then during fall or spring. But I'll make a point then drop it like the argument like it's hot for better things to do:
ProFantasySports.com top 10 returning A10 players- Relates to Xavier (Though I'm surprised CJ was higher then BJ though he is a good slasher)
Illini Guard Dismissed (Auburn thing is related bc don't we play them this year again?)- Not-Related
ehehe that's it. I think if I did (ctrl+f) and found xavier i'd be humbled.
oh i'm done farting in the wind now
UNC is the Darfur of intelligence.
XU fans don't root for UC football.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Illini Guard dismissed

Postby muskieman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:26 am

am glad I am up wind. Confused, I don't get bent out of shape for your comments. Sometimes there are too many OT but with basketball taking a break any basketball news is news and you never know when a player from another team will be found on the Xavier doorstep.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
AlabamaMuskie
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:42 am
Contact:

Re: Illini Guard dismissed

Postby AlabamaMuskie » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:54 pm

Confused -get a life. In my opinion, anything about NCAA basketball is xavier basketball related. But who cares? I don't even care about my opinion.

This topic about irrelevant posts is an old one. No matter how hard I try, the logic used by those who with reason agaisnt the posters who complain about irrelevant topics cannot be gotten around. It is infallable. 'Don't click on topics that do not interest you'. It works for me - I only click on half of the posts.

You must be a moron or have some severe form of obsessive-compulsive disorder if you are unable to keep from clicking on every new post. Now that I think about it, maybe it is a good idea to curb allowable topics to help out people like you.
The former AsuncionMuskie
confusedbulldog
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Illini Guard dismissed

Postby confusedbulldog » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:43 pm

Ouch Alabama, I'm hurt! I don't what's more a waste of time, you actually taking the time to type that or me responding to such an asinine comment.
I'm refraining from continuing the argument else another testy dotard as yourself should come along.
UNC is the Darfur of intelligence.
XU fans don't root for UC football.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 916 guests