Duncan-Game 2

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Duncan-Game 2

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:59 pm

A little better.

18 minutes, 9 pts., 3-5 FG (1-1 3pt.), 2-2FT, 3 rebounds, 3 fouls.

Pat Calathes (SJU) didn't do much-3 pts. in 9 minutes.

Beasley went 1-13 from the floor, with 7 (?) personal fouls. Apparently, you can't foul out in these games.

http://www.nba.com/media/magic/Game_4_Box_Score.pdf
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:46 am

More, from a Miami blogger---

"Josh Duncan was inserted in to the starting lineup, replacing David Padgett. Duncan had a solid game, with nine points on three-of-five shooting, but he is not anywhere close to Miami's answer at the center. He is more of a perimeter player, and the Heat do not need another Marcus Blount."

http://chiefdiego.blogspot.com/2008/07/ ... -beat.html
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Postby muskieman » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:37 am

Josh Duncan at center vs. Shaq, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, Andrew Bynum and Tyson Chandler...don't think it will work...hope I am wrong.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:46 am

No way is JD an NBA center. He's a PF at best.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Postby muskieman » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:42 am

Josh will be playing for money somewhere and at least this is giving him a chance. Stranger things have happened. He must use his strength and shooting ability to his advantage. The men in the NBA will be ripping that ball out every time he gets it. As for fouls, it is not your local pick up game; foul and foul heavy, don't let them score.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Postby muskieman » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:44 am

As for Beasley...1st rounders get 10 fouls or it seems that way. I heard a few years ago that you get extra fouls or you can not foul out because coaches want to have film on the guys they want. I think Josh should test that limit.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
MuskieCinci
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Postby MuskieCinci » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:20 pm

I remember last year during the summer league before Greg Oden got injured he would routinely get 9 or 10 fouls. I think the referees in summer league are just as sloppy as the players, so I think they just change the foul limit to 10.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 918 guests