Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
Do we even want to comment on this
-
Go Go Golston
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:35 am
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
Yes.
See my post last week on fundamental basketball.
The problems rear their ugly heads game after game. With no improvement. Please forget about what they can't control and watch what they can. Already today there are more unforced turnovers, missed freethrows, no shot fakes, no screens. I tivo'd Gooden playing on the ball defense before his second foul-he standing straight up 5' from the player he is guarding and the guy blows right by him. Who is teaching him defensive fundamentals?
Watch Marquette on offense. Every guy catches the ball, gets in triple threat and makes a SHOT FAKE. Our guys leave their feet EVERY TIME. Rousey does it the best. With the scorers out, this staff is being exposed for what they are not teaching these players. This game was going to be a loss from the outset, but so many mistakes and the coach sitting on the bench with a dazed look on his face is very disappointing.
As long as I can remember with this staff, Xavier looks like a team playing basketball on the playground. We can't even get a jump shooter open for a single three point attempt. Sorry, not wanting to be negative, but I feel this way even when they win.
Also, I know the dude is a walk on, but Stainbrook plays pretty good on the ball defense.
See my post last week on fundamental basketball.
The problems rear their ugly heads game after game. With no improvement. Please forget about what they can't control and watch what they can. Already today there are more unforced turnovers, missed freethrows, no shot fakes, no screens. I tivo'd Gooden playing on the ball defense before his second foul-he standing straight up 5' from the player he is guarding and the guy blows right by him. Who is teaching him defensive fundamentals?
Watch Marquette on offense. Every guy catches the ball, gets in triple threat and makes a SHOT FAKE. Our guys leave their feet EVERY TIME. Rousey does it the best. With the scorers out, this staff is being exposed for what they are not teaching these players. This game was going to be a loss from the outset, but so many mistakes and the coach sitting on the bench with a dazed look on his face is very disappointing.
As long as I can remember with this staff, Xavier looks like a team playing basketball on the playground. We can't even get a jump shooter open for a single three point attempt. Sorry, not wanting to be negative, but I feel this way even when they win.
Also, I know the dude is a walk on, but Stainbrook plays pretty good on the ball defense.
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
To only be down 12 is somewhat stunning. Marquette hasn't seen a three they won't take.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
shame we don't have a point guard that can score the ball on drives
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
We don't have the shooters to stay with them tonight
-
commish118
- Posts: 1034
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
Worst officiating crew in the Big East. Theye need to be fired!
“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” Socrates
-
commish118
- Posts: 1034
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
They should not be officiating grade school games.
“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” Socrates
-
brockman231
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
I guess the program is on hold until Trevon comes back. Didn't know we needed him to show effort or pride. Let alone play defense or get a loose ball.
-
X4LIFE
- Posts: 126
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:12 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
Looks like I was being optimistic when I said they would go 1-4 in their remaining games. Right now winning a game is a pipe dream the way this team plays. A point guard who can't score, a coach who says he is doing a poor job and then looks like a sweaty deer in headlights the very next game, no defensive effort and a non existent bench. 0-5 here we come!
Last edited by X4LIFE on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game thread 2/18/17
certainly Anderson, who always is poor, made poor calls and then added to it by making poor Tech calls. Announcers even mentioned how poor they were. Still the loss of Ed and Tre are too much for this team to handle and unless Tre comes back 100% and is able to remain on floor the team has real scoring problems. Tonight the big guys were all we had and with the guard shooting of Q and JP we were miserable from the outside and made some poor passes to the post. Sad to see so much promise killed by injuries and stupid decisions. BUT the season is not over and I hope we never see prancer(Anderson) in the Cintas ever again...unfortunately we willcommish118 wrote:Worst officiating crew in the Big East. Theye need to be fired!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1001 guests
