I just read where he pretty much built it (in Frankfort KY) with his own money, and it's only $28 w/cart on weekdays.
He seems like a very down-to-earth guy. He's bounced back from his tough final round at the Players to grab the lead in this week's AT&T.
OT: Anyone play Kenny Perry's course, Country Creek?
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
OT: Anyone play Kenny Perry's course, Country Creek?
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
sash19
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT: Anyone play Kenny Perry's course, Country Creek?
I have not played it but I did read an article on him this week in one of the golf publications where he talks about the course. I also saw an interview with him yesterday where he said his Father is the Course Ambassador (ranger), his sister runs the place and he works behind the counter in the pro shop when he can. He also was asked if he would have built it with an island green for the 17th and he said no way, he wanted people to play the course. I had a chance to talk to him briefly in the dining room at the Memorial 2 years ago and he is a very nice guy.
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT: Anyone play Kenny Perry's course, Country Creek?
Hey, all of us people from Kentucky are great "down to earth" guys.
Next time I get back to Louisville this summer, my cousins and I are planning on going over to Frankfort to play it.
Next time I get back to Louisville this summer, my cousins and I are planning on going over to Frankfort to play it.
PAY THE MAN!!!!
-
Xcited
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT: Anyone play Kenny Perry's course, Country Creek?
I played the course a couple of years ago in the spring. Greens were very nice and the course was fun to play. Kenny was in the pro shop just shooting the bull with some friends. The course is located in Franklin Ky just north of the Ky Tennessee line in I-65. You can see the course from the expressway on the right heading south. Worth a visit if you're down that way.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 554 guests
