MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Wisexuowl
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Contact:

MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!

Postby Wisexuowl » Wed May 07, 2008 10:55 am

Bob, that is a work for the ages. Job well done "Q"

Now the MM posters can fully understand what I nominated you, seconded you, and closed the process without further comments.

My favorite line is how your hunger for Xavier basketball today just cannot be filled.

These are truly heady days my friends.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 am

And yet nothing about Messageboard Wars 2008. I think Q should go back and supplement his otherwise fine piece.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
XUBBall
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:47 pm
Contact:

Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!

Postby XUBBall » Wed May 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Q, Thank you! Your article brought tears to my eyes, joy to my heart, and nourishment to my longing for next season.
Masterofreality
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!

Postby Masterofreality » Wed May 07, 2008 5:02 pm

It is redundant to say, and yet neccessary to post, that the internet is a Godsend- if nothing else than to give the Great Q an outlet to continue his contributions to journalistic excellence.

My friend, you should not be working only for the love of it. You should be getting paid. Can CBSSportsline.com just dump Doyel and hire you?

Another Q classic for the scrapbook, to go along with my Cincy Post clippings from "back in the day."
PAY THE MAN!!!!
tjxu97
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:59 am
Contact:

Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!

Postby tjxu97 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:26 am

Mr. Q, I don`t know who you are, but I applaud you for your beautiful piece of writing and pictures. This is EXACTLY what I had hoped for when I posted to change the front page. I couldn`t ask for anything more.

Being overseas and not being able to see the games this year, your piece summed up a great season and I felt as though I saw every game mentioned.

Thank you!
muskienick
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!

Postby muskienick » Thu May 08, 2008 7:27 am

I heartily echo the sentiments shared above by MM posters on the chronicle done by Q of the immediate Xavier season passsed. I can't imagine that anyone could have done it with the passion and love that Bob did as both a professional reporter and a proud Muskie grad.

And, as I have said on this board in the past, few (if any) could have done as good a job as Bob Stevens did in providing the photos that grace Mr. Queenan's story of the Muskies' 2007-2008 trek to the Elite Eight.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26783
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!

Postby muskieman » Thu May 08, 2008 8:26 am

See I told you "Q"
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 586 guests