Looks like we lost out on Hibbert

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
kgmuskie03
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:53 am
Contact:

Looks like we lost out on Hibbert

Postby kgmuskie03 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Aggies land 2009 ESPN 100 guard Naji Hibbert
According to the Dallas Morning News, ESPN 100 prospect Naji Hibbert has committed to Texas A&M's 2009 recruiting class. Hibbert cited A&M coach Mark Turgeon and his assistants as the main reason for his decision. "They kept with it," he told the paper. "They came when I was doing good and came when I wasn't doing good. I respect that, I respect who they were, and I can't wait to be an Aggie in 2009." Hibbert is the first recruit in the Aggies 2009 class.

ESPN's National Recruiting Director Bob Gibbons praised the Aggies coaching staff for their efforts. "Texas A&M appeared to want Hibbert the most and they simply outworked the opposition," Gibbons said. "The Aggies lead recruiter, assistant coach Scott Spinelli, developed a great relationship with this outstanding wing prospect and after Hibbert's unofficial visit to College Station last September they were clearly the school to beat."

According to his summer coach, Carlton Carrington, his decision came down to two schools. "It came down to Texas A&M and Xavier," he told ESPN.com. "But Hibbert flet that the Aggies playing style and coaching staff were the best for him."

Hibbert averaged 17.0 points and 6.0 rebounds at DeMatha last season. "He impressed me with his perimeter skills, athleticism and all-around team-oriented play at the Marshall County Hoop Fest in December," Gibbons said
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26785
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Looks like we lost out on Hibbert

Postby muskieman » Tue May 06, 2008 12:57 pm

kgmuskie03 wrote:Aggies land 2009 ESPN 100 guard Naji Hibbert
According to the Dallas Morning News, ESPN 100 prospect Naji Hibbert has committed to Texas A&M's 2009 recruiting class. Hibbert cited A&M coach Mark Turgeon and his assistants as the main reason for his decision. "They kept with it," he told the paper. "They came when I was doing good and came when I wasn't doing good. I respect that, I respect who they were, and I can't wait to be an Aggie in 2009." Hibbert is the first recruit in the Aggies 2009 class.

ESPN's National Recruiting Director Bob Gibbons praised the Aggies coaching staff for their efforts. "Texas A&M appeared to want Hibbert the most and they simply outworked the opposition," Gibbons said. "The Aggies lead recruiter, assistant coach Scott Spinelli, developed a great relationship with this outstanding wing prospect and after Hibbert's unofficial visit to College Station last September they were clearly the school to beat."

According to his summer coach, Carlton Carrington, his decision came down to two schools. "It came down to Texas A&M and Xavier," he told ESPN.com. "But Hibbert flet that the Aggies playing style and coaching staff were the best for him."

Hibbert averaged 17.0 points and 6.0 rebounds at DeMatha last season. "He impressed me with his perimeter skills, athleticism and all-around team-oriented play at the Marshall County Hoop Fest in December," Gibbons said
He got wind that someone thought he should red shirt!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Looks like we lost out on Hibbert

Postby _LH » Tue May 06, 2008 1:03 pm

Looks like Q was right, XU redshirting somone from the 2008 class hurt Xavier's recruiting. Oh wait, no one has redshirted, that's right.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 629 guests