NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
kyzrex
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 am
Contact:

Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Postby kyzrex » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:12 pm

Down 20, still playing hard, couldn't be more proud of this group of young men.

I don't think that Blu will be back, but with who else they have coming back and with who they have coming in, I can't wait to see what the future holds.

GO X!
#WHYNOTX?
X4LIFE
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:12 pm
Contact:

Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Postby X4LIFE » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Regular season X rears its ugly head. Not a great season but a great NCAA tourney
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:27 pm

I am thankful that I have been able to see this X team show their fans that despite adversity that guys like Tre, Malcom, Jp, Sean, gates, Gaston found a way to come together and get to the elite eight. To all the negative people we have heard all season I feel sorry for you.

Chris and your staff thanks for all the hard work you put into this season and for developing young men that ae tough and hard working.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
XU85
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 am
Contact:

Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Postby XU85 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:29 pm

muskieman wrote:I am thankful that I have been able to see this X team show their fans that despite adversity that guys like Tre, Malcom, Jp, Sean, gates, Gaston found a way to come together and get to the elite eight. To all the negative people we have heard all season I feel sorry for you.

Chris and your staff thanks for all the hard work you put into this season and for developing young men that ae tough and hard working.
+1
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Postby Shadow » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 pm

XU85 wrote:
muskieman wrote:I am thankful that I have been able to see this X team show their fans that despite adversity that guys like Tre, Malcom, Jp, Sean, gates, Gaston found a way to come together and get to the elite eight. To all the negative people we have heard all season I feel sorry for you.

Chris and your staff thanks for all the hard work you put into this season and for developing young men that ae tough and hard working.
+1
Thanks for an exciting season, Team 95.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
lionelchalmers0
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:41 am
Contact:

Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Certainly not the season we all expected, but one I'd take every time (other than eds injury) if given the choice before the season.
bluegrass
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Postby bluegrass » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:44 pm

They turned this season from a disaster into a memorable end. Tough to get that close to the Final 4 and come up short. Someday I think we'll get there
X4LIFE
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:12 pm
Contact:

Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Postby X4LIFE » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:44 pm

Disappointed but, proud of the way this team played in the tourney. It was a great run.
Honestly, if Mack stays we will get there. The only difference between X and Gonzaga is consistency and longevity in coaching. Don't take that the wrong way. Prosper, Matta, Miller all great coaches and I believe we would have had at least 1 final four appearance if any one of them had stayed longer. Few has been at Gonzaga for 19 years and finally gets a final four. I think Mack and X will get there in the next 3 years.
As for me, I am superstitious a bit when it comes to X. So if they win when I am negative I stay negative. And there are times I get frustrated and I vent on this board. If any were offended I apologize. I love Xavier. I have for 33 years.
To the team and coaches. Thank you for giving your heart and putting everything you had into making this season one to remember. Go X!!
muskiefan92
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Postby muskiefan92 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:35 pm

X4LIFE wrote:Regular season X rears its ugly head. Not a great season but a great NCAA tourney
I'll post this AGAIN and hope it doesn't get deleted. This was unfortunately the X team we witnessed in February. While it was a great three games, this blowout loss makes it a good and not a "great tourney". Very frustrating X failed to show up tonight one game from the Final Four.
oldhoopster2
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:08 pm
Contact:

Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 E8 - Gonzaga Game Thread 3-25

Postby oldhoopster2 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:03 pm

Maybe you should go root for another team. Shots didn't fall and Gonzaga shot lights out. They were a one seed who lost one game all year. An incredible run through the BE and NCAA tourneys. You should try to represent yourself like this team did. Great finish guys and thanks for the joy ride most of us enjoyed.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1051 guests