Fight Song Change?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Fight Song Change?

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:47 pm

Blueblob4life wrote:Let's think about these two issues together, the fight song being changed and the alma mater. We need to work on the awareness and respect for it with the students and we also need to figure out how to get the fight song changed.
Now that the fight song is back, I suggest that Xavier be bold and can the alma mater and go back to the one the majority of fans and alums loved!

Think Bold X.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Blueblob4life
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Fight Song Change?

Postby Blueblob4life » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:54 pm

well done, team. now we need to focus our efforts on getting the alma mater fixed/recognized and X capitalizing on its namesake in the merchandising area. think big
xuab
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Fight Song Change?

Postby xuab » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:26 am

The alma mater was re-written for X's 175th anniversary.

The celebration also includes the premiere of a new alma mater, written by English professor Tyrone Williams and music professor Tom Merrill.

I doubt that would be as easy to get changed back.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Fight Song Change?

Postby muskieman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:57 am

xuab wrote:The alma mater was re-written for X's 175th anniversary.

The celebration also includes the premiere of a new alma mater, written by English professor Tyrone Williams and music professor Tom Merrill.

I doubt that would be as easy to get changed back.
not if we decide for the 179th anniversy we say we are going retro.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 775 guests