Has the basketball world become WACKY?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Wisexuowl
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Has the basketball world become WACKY?

Postby Wisexuowl » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:13 pm

<"it's not libel if it's true">
Lawyer jibberish, knowing that one cannot prove he's not a (in your words) F@@king A$$hole.

But at the same time use of the expression highlights a) your limited vocabulary, b) your sophomoric vulgarity, and c) lack of civility.

<I don't think I've said a single word about Skip since his passing>

That is not true. You said nice things, thus my "flipping" statement. But in the early days of MM, you ripped him day after day (if not hour after hour) in your curlish war of words with Pablo
( ... which BTW I stood feverishly on your side in the personal stuff ...)... all as a perceived failure of Skip to kiss your ass at a Norwood bar (if he didn't, it was because you were probably in one of your famous periods of intoxication) or mayvbe it was Skip didn't confide with you about Wake Forest. 'Course, Skip was very selective about his company ... his mother always taught him about "bad company" and all.

You want to think your puckering-up to whatshisname as a "premier" coach and saying he was the best coach ever at XU in your lifetime and that his accomplishments has the basketball world "clearly and correctly" think otherwise than I ... I guarantee you that not everyone disagrees with me, either on the x and o side or the ethical side.
But stay with it guy, and someday, when Xavier wins the national, you can post ...
"In a dull and uneventful game, Xavier slipped by Kansas by a mere 21 points, after leading by 25 in the last minute with but blowing it two turnovers in the last 45 seconds"
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Has the basketball world become WACKY?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:49 pm

<<..all as a perceived failure of Skip to kiss your ass at a Norwood bar (if he didn't, it was because you were probably in one of your famous periods of intoxication)>>

I don't even think I was AT a Norwood bar at the same time as Skip. Dana's is the only Norwood bar I go to, and I guarantee he and I were never there at the same time.

We do, however, still get a laugh about his one and only non-game related trip to Chicago, which he took specifically to throw off the Cincy press, when he came to O'Callaghan's, said all the right things about Xavier, and then hopped on the plane to take the WF job the very next day. In fact, I introduced him to the crowd, as I was president of the Chicago alumni crowd at the time, and showed him the courtesy of being nothing but polite.

Wise, you may be a bright, funny, interesting guy in real life, but your posts continually prove otherwise. That's all I have to go on. Your single-minded determination to not let facts get in the way of your beliefs is stunning. Aggravating at time, but stunning.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 564 guests