Pat Kelsey
-
brockman231
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:37 pm
- Contact:
Pat Kelsey
I spoke to a family friend of Pat's. He said Kelsey thought he was going to get the Dayton job and that is why dropped UMass.
-
oreobob
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pat Kelsey
That set him back 5 years.
-
X-Expert
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pat Kelsey
Who knows what the discussions were with Kelsey at Dayton but he handled it badly. So he said " "But after further reflection, I have decided to remain at Winthrop. I realized that at this point in my career Winthrop and Rock Hill is the best place for my family and me." So did he say that when he figured he was going to Dayton as this was said the day he changed his mind at UMass. I hope X is never in the position and if so, does not go after Kelsey.
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3926
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pat Kelsey
Anthony Grant is a UD alum and has some head coach experience so I'm surprised Kelsey would think he had the job over Grant. Will be interesting what he does with Sam Miller.
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pat Kelsey
Dayton Flyers’ Sam Miller suspended for semester, won’t play this fall.skyhops wrote:Anthony Grant is a UD alum and has some head coach experience so I'm surprised Kelsey would think he had the job over Grant. Will be interesting what he does with Sam Miller.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/d ... L4zqAWkHP/
Interesting video.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3926
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pat Kelsey
Thanks Shadow, I just read that today. That is the toughest Miller has ever looked!
-
Theology73
- Posts: 1262
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pat Kelsey
When I spoke to his dad, UD was not in the conversation. Mike told me he dropped UMass because he got a bad feeling about it and he was really close to his team and support system at Winthrop.brockman231 wrote:I spoke to a family friend of Pat's. He said Kelsey thought he was going to get the Dayton job and that is why dropped UMass.
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
-
Theology73
- Posts: 1262
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pat Kelsey
I disagree. Good coaches are in demand every year. If he continues the success he's had at Winthrop, he'll continue to get offers every year.oreobob wrote:That set him back 5 years.
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
-
bubba senior
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:10 am
- Contact:
Re: Pat Kelsey
Go Pat....Go Winthrop!!
-
X-Expert
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pat Kelsey
That doesn't make sense. If he was close to his team and support system, why interview and then accept in the first place, only to change your mind -a day after accepting. I don't know the true story (like everyone else on the board) but if you are truly that close, I don't see you actually accepting. I can see you interviewing to test the waters but to say yes? I would definitely proceed with caution if I were an AD looking for a coachTheology73 wrote:When I spoke to his dad, UD was not in the conversation. Mike told me he dropped UMass because he got a bad feeling about it and he was really close to his team and support system at Winthrop.brockman231 wrote:I spoke to a family friend of Pat's. He said Kelsey thought he was going to get the Dayton job and that is why dropped UMass.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 561 guests
