As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
ESPN.com Jeff Goodman just reported per a source that Georgetown put out feelers for Chris Mack to fill their coaching vacancy at $4 million a year - and also that Mack is staying at Xavier
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Adam Zagoria hearing Tommy Amaker as the next top option at Georgetown.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
edgecliff hall
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Why should we hate Georgetown? What am I missing?
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Hate is probably too strong a word but dislike seemed like pablum. Open to suggestions.edgecliff hall wrote:Why should we hate Georgetown? What am I missing?
Why we should dislike/hate them is trying to steal our coach weakening X and strengthening them is good enough for me.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
ChitownSteve
- Posts: 2046
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
How about "to possess an animus toward Georgetown" or "an antipathy against the Hoyas"?
The Lit and English guys can correct or supplement these terms.
Heck, as a DePaul fan from way back, I just detested Georgetown.
The Lit and English guys can correct or supplement these terms.
Heck, as a DePaul fan from way back, I just detested Georgetown.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
HAHA Old anti and sky would have a field day with me using "animus" in a sentence...of course they would lead it in another direction. I do like "detest" but then "Edgecliff" would never have responded.ChitownSteve wrote:How about "to possess an animus toward Georgetown" or "an antipathy against the Hoyas"?
The Lit and English guys can correct or supplement these terms.
Heck, as a DePaul fan from way back, I just detested Georgetown.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
True_Blue
- Posts: 216
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:26 pm
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
So, I am concerned that another Jesuit University can somehow afford $4M and we cannot...
Their attendance is not good....
Discuss...
Their attendance is not good....
Discuss...
-
Gorilla '69
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Excellant point, True.True_Blue wrote:So, I am concerned that another Jesuit University can somehow afford $4M and we cannot...
Their attendance is not good....
Discuss...
I have a problem with a school within the league would "tamper" with a coach in the same league who is still under contract. I hope the AD tells them to f off!
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
-
Jesseandrippers
- Posts: 1124
- Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Intra-conference coach recruiting is bush league.edgecliff hall wrote:Why should we hate Georgetown? What am I missing?
-
mumuskie87
- Posts: 12160
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
- Contact:
Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown
Concur, especially when it's a current coach in the league.Jesseandrippers wrote:Intra-conference coach recruiting is bush league.edgecliff hall wrote:Why should we hate Georgetown? What am I missing?
There are coaches that have gone to another school in the same conference but usually some time has passed before they made the move.
I.e Pearl from TN to Auburn via show-cause penalty
Spurrier from Fla to SC via Washington Redskins.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 870 guests
