Awesome .... simply awesome

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
webxu
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Awesome .... simply awesome

Postby webxu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:48 am

xu koop scoop wrote:Yes, we know the way in San Jose, we play Saturday in San Jose. TOTAL TEAM EFFORT. All 8 scored to get us to Elite 8. BERNARD did what Seniors do,
15 pts in 2nd half. A statement slam dunk. Secured final rebound. Been a floor leader. MAIN KILLER B - BLUIETT - 25 Pts again & Avg 25 thru 3 NCAA Games. Team took lead with Tre on bench for several minutes. GOODIN had statement slam dunk. GATES a 3 old fashioned way,a drive in the paint & fouled. GASTON played good D & scored in paint. JONES did well in paint & good on D. O'MARA got winning FG &secured Rebound & forgiven for missed FT - his Irish luck may hold up thru March. Pesky MACURA was a thorn in the Wildcats side & didn't back down to anybody. What do ARIZONA and GONZAGA have in common? They both have a Z smack in the middle of their name. That may be an omen.

X comes before Z
bluegrass
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Awesome .... simply awesome

Postby bluegrass » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 am

Unbelieveable feeling after that comeback.I hope it's surpassed tomorrow night.I will cry
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Awesome .... simply awesome

Postby xu koop scoop » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:35 am

Cried tears of joy at end of game. 65 yrs old & didn't care who saw. I am a confirmed heterosexual too, but loving JP Macura's play and Malcolm
Bernard is becoming just like him. X does come before Z which is Y we will beat the Zags.
Theology73
Posts: 1262
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Awesome .... simply awesome

Postby Theology73 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:45 am

GoZags wrote:I KNOW that Father Hoff and "Mr. Neutral" are proudly looking down and basking in the afterglow of a wonderful night .....
Gary's sister is doing her act in Cincinnati tonight. I hope she mentions his love for his Alma Mater and the thrill he would get from last night's victory...but I doubt it. We miss you. Neutral!
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
Michigan Musketeer
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Awesome .... simply awesome

Postby Michigan Musketeer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:01 pm

I am going on 76 a 1963 Grad and my pacemaker got a good workout last nite. Have been to several tournaments with great wins and heart breaking losses (Wisconsin last year) but last nite was the best of the best. I watched the replay into the weary hours just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Total team effort and great coaching. The only thing better would be a trip to the final four. Bring on the Zags!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Awesome .... simply awesome

Postby muskieman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 pm

GoZags wrote:I KNOW that Father Hoff and "Mr. Neutral" are proudly looking down and basking in the afterglow of a wonderful night .....
and let us not forget Paul Olding, or as we knew him Mr O, a 1950 grad who loved X so much that he was at 99% of the road games and even gave his late son Francis the Middle name Xavier. Paul was on the committee that helped save Xavier's basketball program and brought Bob Staak to Xavier. He was a guy that helped Joe Sunderman become the voice of the Muskies. Then their is wiseowl the former SID for X back during the early 70s who graced these pages for years. Yes, there are many who have passed that loved X and are cheering from their present vantage points
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Awesome .... simply awesome

Postby mumuskie87 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:11 pm

muskienick wrote:I am 73 years old, a confirmed heterosexual, and I proclaim my love for J.P. Macura. If he is not the feistiest guy in the entire NCAA Tourney, I don't know who else would come close!
I'm right there with you.
JP played like a combo of Larry Bird and Pistol Pete last night.
The only thing he didn't do was make a 3 pt shot.
But Malcolm Bernard is giving JP a serious run for my affections.
Oh yea...and Tre and SOM. Q, Shid, Basketball, KG.
They are the Elite 8.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Awesome .... simply awesome

Postby mumuskie87 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:15 pm

bluegrass wrote:Unbelieveable feeling after that comeback.I hope it's surpassed tomorrow night.I will cry
I was already crying last night...and will definitely be crying if they win on Saturday.
What an run so far.
A Cinderella story -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbQTXFJL8lo
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Awesome .... simply awesome

Postby muskieman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:43 pm

muskieman wrote:
GoZags wrote:I KNOW that Father Hoff and "Mr. Neutral" are proudly looking down and basking in the afterglow of a wonderful night .....
and let us not forget Paul Olding, or as we knew him Mr O, a 1950 grad who loved X so much that he was at 99% of the road games and even gave his late son Francis the Middle name Xavier. Paul was on the committee that helped save Xavier's basketball program and brought Bob Staak to Xavier. He was a guy that helped Joe Sunderman become the voice of the Muskies. Then their is wiseowl the former SID for X back during the early 70s who graced these pages for years. Yes, there are many who have passed that loved X and are cheering from their present vantage points
could I forget my buddy Bob "the Bear" Queenan His contributions to X over the years is legendary
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
ChitownSteve
Posts: 2046
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: Awesome .... simply awesome

Postby ChitownSteve » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:00 pm

As many of you know, I became an X fan through my daughter, '10 and son, '12. Still a relative rookie (started being a big-time fan in Fall '06 ). What a Program! Last night was elation. Classy fans, classy school ... clearly a year-in and year-out Top 16 Basketball Program in the country. Again in the Elite Eight!

X keeps enhancing its basketball bona fides. Hats off to those of you have supported Xavier for decades and pleased you can enjoy this run!

A quiet prayer for those who graced this Board and are no longer with us.

Go Muskies!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 665 guests