NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
-
tjxu97
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:59 am
- Contact:
Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
Listening on internet radio from Tokyo was about as agonizing as it gets, but, well worth it!!!
-
xu koop scoop
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
We took lead with Bluiett out. Lost lead with him back but fact we did OK with him on bench made me feel good even down 7.
Bernard was awesome - that final rebound will be remembered forever as will O'Mara's winning shot in the paint.
Those two have stepped up HUGE in this tournament run.
Bernard was awesome - that final rebound will be remembered forever as will O'Mara's winning shot in the paint.
Those two have stepped up HUGE in this tournament run.
-
ChitownSteve
- Posts: 2046
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am
- Contact:
Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
Like many, a bit tired about halfway into the 1st Half. Now, so pumped could not sleep if I wanted to! What a solid team win.
There is an insightful article "Attack and Finish" which is told by Trevon (sorry, I am unable to link). In the article, Trevon cites how Malcolm Bernard, after a players only meeting following the loss to Marquette on March 1st, identified the team's weaknesses. Most notably, MB said the team wasn't buying into the coach's system, that guys were not playing hard and were selfish. MB stated he was going to play harder and asked guys to commit similarly. Try theplayerstribune.com to find. Select Basketball and the initial title is "How We Got Our Grind Back."
Great to learn MB became a team leader in his short time at X and tonight he also delivered a great, great half to complement Trevon.
JP's assists were beautiful, Sean solid (will overlook the Ft'S). Coach Mack appeared to get as much as possible out of the team tonight.
We have all suffered various end of game heartbreaks in following X. This game, the exact opposite! Elation!
There is an insightful article "Attack and Finish" which is told by Trevon (sorry, I am unable to link). In the article, Trevon cites how Malcolm Bernard, after a players only meeting following the loss to Marquette on March 1st, identified the team's weaknesses. Most notably, MB said the team wasn't buying into the coach's system, that guys were not playing hard and were selfish. MB stated he was going to play harder and asked guys to commit similarly. Try theplayerstribune.com to find. Select Basketball and the initial title is "How We Got Our Grind Back."
Great to learn MB became a team leader in his short time at X and tonight he also delivered a great, great half to complement Trevon.
JP's assists were beautiful, Sean solid (will overlook the Ft'S). Coach Mack appeared to get as much as possible out of the team tonight.
We have all suffered various end of game heartbreaks in following X. This game, the exact opposite! Elation!
-
kyzrex
- Posts: 1896
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 am
- Contact:
Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
yellow20xd wrote:Well NCAA basketball tournament is "presented" by Buick... Danmuskieman wrote:9-0 run to end the game. The Lexus blew a tire and the Buick moves on
Oh the Irony!
#WHYNOTX?
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
Love it MM.I bet life will be hell for Sean after this meltdown.I like him and wish him well-just not against X.muskieman wrote:9-0 run to end the game. The Lexus blew a tire and the Buick moves on
-
Rum Hat
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:10 am
- Contact:
Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
Nova fan here.
Just wanted to say I'm glad you guys figured it out.
Keep it going and kick some Zags ass!!!
Just wanted to say I'm glad you guys figured it out.
Keep it going and kick some Zags ass!!!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
My sentiments exactlybluegrass wrote:Love it MM.I bet life will be hell for Sean after this meltdown.I like him and wish him well-just not against X.muskieman wrote:9-0 run to end the game. The Lexus blew a tire and the Buick moves on
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
Sean made two big plays at the end. He scored on the high low and had a great box out of their big guy (Markkanen) giving the other guys the chance to make and seal the deal. Malcom was also smart to get that ball down the floor and not just let them foul him. The game was like a prize fight and the two heavyweights kept slugging all night. I could hear JP yelling "cut me Mick, cut me" when X went down 7xu koop scoop wrote:We took lead with Bluiett out. Lost lead with him back but fact we did OK with him on bench made me feel good even down 7.
Bernard was awesome - that final rebound will be remembered forever as will O'Mara's winning shot in the paint.
Those two have stepped up HUGE in this tournament run.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Theology73
- Posts: 1262
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
Best moment after clock ran out was Bill Murray rubbing Sr. Rose Ann Fleming's hair. Reminds me of Todd and Lisa Lupner.
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
-
edgecliff hall
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
- Contact:
Re: NCAA Tournament 2017 S16 - AZ Game Thread 3-23
Yeah, I posted something on that moment, but it never got on. Next time I see Sister Rose...
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 702 guests
