Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby xu koop scoop » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:23 pm

We supposedly have freedom of speech. But apparently not on this site. I started a thread the other day about South Carolina and the fact
that part of the reason they beat Duke was because North Carolina could not hold any NCAA games there because of bathroom laws.
That was the extent of my statement. Brockman or brockmon231 then called me an ASS & I wanted an apology from him/her that I never got
& suddenly the thread was gone. I didn't start taking it to dark places. I simply made a comment and brockmon231 & others then proceeded
to demean me. I am asking to keep this thread alive now to show that the administrator of this site is not trying to stifle free speech.
Especially since I started the thread on South Carolina and never once mentioned the slightest of curse words. Yes, sports is not supposed to be politicial ,but the NCAA are the ones who did indeed make it political.
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby xu koop scoop » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Following up, this thread is supposed to be about XU BBall - but often the subject strays into other aspects of sports and basketball. So I chose to do what others have previously done and somehow I got persecuted.I have generally enjoyed this site for years and my comments about XU are always positive & always positive about the Coaching.Yet I see those with negative XU views being virtually condemned at times - but I don't remembeber their threads being taken down.I watched Steve Thomas drain 40 pts in 1960 and have followed this team when making the NIT made us ecstatic. Those who havefollowed this team for as long as me are usually positive like I am. We are just over 24 hours away from one of our biggest games ever.
Win or lose, I hope most appreciate what this team has overcome and because of the obstacles they faced I have to call this a remarkably
successful season.
Wildcat
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 am
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby Wildcat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:49 pm

No doubt you are a passionate and big Xavier basketball fan. But your take on free speech as it applies to this website is 100% wrong. The administrator of this site has the power to keep whatever he/she wants on it - you aren't given free speech rights here just because you are a member. If they didn't like it, they can take it down without any explanation to you.

Best of luck tomorrow. I already know your take on Arizona basketball so I'm not expecting the same act of cordialness from you!
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby Shadow » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Political comments. It was moved. Quit griping.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18844
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby xu koop scoop » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:05 pm

To shadow, please apologize for saying I am bitching. That was unkind. This is a basketball thread and South Carolina is in the NCAA tourney.
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby xu koop scoop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:18 am

I started this thread & don't care now if it is taken down. I feel there are things that should be discussed - such as the NCAA staying out of politics, which has dampened my enthusiasm for sports in general. ESPN is also very political now and that has affected their ratings in a negative way.
With terrorists and threats and bombs and wars and poverty and theft etc..... I find it funny/disturbing that our country actually takes the time
and trouble to be concerned about bathroom laws. Please don't condemn or otherwise scold me for mentioning this again. I am only 65, but followed
XU since 1960, as well as UC & Dayton, & appreciate the efforts these young men give to entertain all of us fans. I appreciate this forum being available to speak my mind. Tonight is a huge night in the history of XU basketball. I have health issues that are sporadic and currently rearing their ugly heads. But tonight I will be glued to the TV and just hope for an effort good enough that the game comes down to the buzzer or we obliterate Arizona like we did Florida St. May my detractors set aside any differences & root with all our hearts for our Mighty Musketeers. :oops:
pki1998
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby pki1998 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Your thread wasn't taken down, it was moved to the appropriate forum. Please stop making yourself out to be a martyr. Shadow does not owe you an apology. You owe everyone an apology for your post in this thread.

Can one of the mods please move this one off the basketball forum as well.
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby xu koop scoop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:55 pm

When a human being asks for compassion, empathy, tolerance and understanding and gets nasty replies from pki & others it is enough to realize there are a lot of hateful people on this site who love to do nothing but condemn others. I feel sorry for all of you. I hope a few of you might back me up.
I am not a martyr. I have had a good life and happy to enjoy XU BBall. I don't owe anybody an apology. It is as if few if any people on this site have any semblance of a heart in them. That is very sad . Best of luck to our young men tonight:o
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:18 pm

xu koop scoop wrote:When a human being asks for compassion, empathy, tolerance and understanding and gets nasty replies from pki & others it is enough to realize there are a lot of hateful people on this site who love to do nothing but condemn others. I feel sorry for all of you. I hope a few of you might back me up.
I am not a martyr. I have had a good life and happy to enjoy XU BBall. I don't owe anybody an apology. It is as if few if any people on this site have any semblance of a heart in them. That is very sad . Best of luck to our young men tonight:o
Life's a beach and then you get sand in your ...
Sorry you take your illness too hard but as I am 82 and have stage 3 COPD with a FEV1 of 44. I only hope the balance scale is in my favor when I meet my maker. In the mean time I welcome each day I can see the sun rise & feed my dog.
Xavier basketball is but one of my passions, albeit primary for half the year, but whatever I say or do won't make a hill of beans as to the outcome of a single game. I prefer wins but accept the losses for it is a contest and sometimes the fecal matter hits the rotating air mover.
That, sir, is what people call "life."
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby xu koop scoop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:44 pm

To Shadow & others. Hope everybody's health issues get better. My physical health issues, 3 operations for extreme, electrocuting facial pain that prevents eating,talking,swallowing or even touching your face where folks eventually starve or commit suicide - I deal with that OK & ask for no sympathy. It is my "mental health" issues of people not having compassion or empathy that does bother me. A person, myself or others, states an opinion that others don't like and those others then try to stick a knife in you as ifyour opinion is stupid or touches subjects nobody wants to discuss. It seems back in the 60's & 70's differences in opinions between people didn't cause mean or nasty remarks - not in my world. XU BBall is the only team or sport I follow. I do follow the NFL players as I have made money 18 of 21 years playing fantasy football. I don't care about NFL teams, just players as they make me money regularly. I wish no ill will to anybody posting on this Board. May the good man above bless us all.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 939 guests