Coach Mack did not want the foul.X-Expert wrote:out of timeout and down 10 X waits till 12 seconds on shot clock to foul. Should have fouled as soon as they didn't get a steal then no foul at all.
Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
-
ChitownSteve
- Posts: 2046
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
-
mumuskie87
- Posts: 12160
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
Marquette sets a record for most points by an opponent tonight.
So much for taking the 3 point shooting away.
13 made 3's in the first game and 12 made 3's tonight.
Fugly
So much for taking the 3 point shooting away.
13 made 3's in the first game and 12 made 3's tonight.
Fugly
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
-
mumuskie87
- Posts: 12160
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
Yea...ended fouling a guy who shoots over 93% from the line.ChitownSteve wrote:Coach Mack did not want the foul.X-Expert wrote:out of timeout and down 10 X waits till 12 seconds on shot clock to foul. Should have fouled as soon as they didn't get a steal then no foul at all.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
-
XU Captain
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
NIT, here we come. I don't mind the NIT one bit. This team has bit the concrete and all their teeth are missing. Marquette just a better team. Xavier is really struggling. You have to go back to Tay Baker's last two teams to find this type of play. Too many injuries, not enough depth, no point guard left on the roster. Goodin is trying, but his talent level is mid-major at best.
-
XU Captain
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
Marquette has passed Xavier in terms of talent. I never thought that would happen again. They were better in the 1970s and most of the 1980s. Looks like we have returned to being their cream puff on the schedule like when McGuire used to beat the Tay Baker teams.
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
Marquette scored on 11 or 12 straight possessions, and CM tried nothing, absolutely nothing different, to change the momentum until then. No token press. No zone. Nothing. He finally went to a zone with 4 minutes to go. I guess 11 straight scoring possessions was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Also, despite having a 13 point lead with the ball going into the half, Wojo calls a t.o. The MQ guard walks. CM, chooses NOT to call one, and Goodin throws up a prayer. Respectfully, I say it is a microcosm of his horrendous coaching this year. Even the last 5 minutes against Butler, X has several straight t.o.s, while Goodin sat on the bench. I said early and often last year that CM should have been the Nat’l COY. Be careful what you wish for. It’s like the curse of being on the cover of S.I. Bad things happened when the regular season ended, as they flamed out early in the conference and NCAA tourneys despite being prohibitive favorites, and it has only gotten worse this season.
I can only hope karma comes into play this year. CM went from Hero to Zero after the regular season last year. After reaching a historic low in consecutive losses for X bball tonight, I predict the lightbulb comes on, and we make a deep run into the tourney. Like a great historian said, “Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?” The answer was no, and it ain’t over for X yet either. However, someone please send smelling salts to Cintas, stat! I STILL BELIEVE!
I can only hope karma comes into play this year. CM went from Hero to Zero after the regular season last year. After reaching a historic low in consecutive losses for X bball tonight, I predict the lightbulb comes on, and we make a deep run into the tourney. Like a great historian said, “Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?” The answer was no, and it ain’t over for X yet either. However, someone please send smelling salts to Cintas, stat! I STILL BELIEVE!
-
XU Captain
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
It will have to be a deep run in the NIT. They are dead as far as the NCAA. This late-season collapse is not going to be acceptable on Selection Sunday.Anti-Homer wrote:Marquette scored on 11 or 12 straight possessions, and CM tried nothing, absolutely nothing different, to change the momentum until then. No token press. No zone. Nothing. He finally went to a zone with 4 minutes to go. I guess 11 straight scoring possessions was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Also, despite having a 13 point lead with the ball going into the half, Wojo calls a t.o. The MQ guard walks. CM, chooses NOT to call one, and Goodin throws up a prayer. Respectfully, I say it is a microcosm of his horrendous coaching this year. Even the last 5 minutes against Butler, X has several straight t.o.s, while Goodin sat on the bench. I said early and often last year that CM should have been the Nat’l COY. Be careful what you wish for. It’s like the curse of being on the cover of S.I. Bad things happened when the regular season ended, as they flamed out early in the conference and NCAA tourneys despite being prohibitive favorites, and it has only gotten worse this season.
I can only hope karma comes into play this year. CM went from Hero to Zero after the regular season last year. After reaching a historic low in consecutive losses for X bball tonight, I predict the lightbulb comes on, and we make a deep run into the tourney. Like a great historian said, “Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?” The answer was no, and it ain’t over for X yet either. However, someone please send smelling salts to Cintas, stat! I STILL BELIEVE!
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
These guys look like they've given up and listening to post game I think their coach has too. This is just not a good team. We probably have a few more wins if Sumner is in there but still nothing great.
-
joeabe
- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
I said it after the 2nd loss in this streak of 6 that they would not win another game! Its a fact Mack has totally lost this team. And its understandable.....Always Next year!!!
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette Game Thread 3/1/17
A win against Depaul, and two, or possibly one win in the conference tourney should get them in. A Dave Leito (sp?) coached team has been the antidote for many underperforming teams.XU Captain wrote:It will have to be a deep run in the NIT. They are dead as far as the NCAA. This late-season collapse is not going to be acceptable on Selection Sunday.Anti-Homer wrote:Marquette scored on 11 or 12 straight possessions, and CM tried nothing, absolutely nothing different, to change the momentum until then. No token press. No zone. Nothing. He finally went to a zone with 4 minutes to go. I guess 11 straight scoring possessions was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Also, despite having a 13 point lead with the ball going into the half, Wojo calls a t.o. The MQ guard walks. CM, chooses NOT to call one, and Goodin throws up a prayer. Respectfully, I say it is a microcosm of his horrendous coaching this year. Even the last 5 minutes against Butler, X has several straight t.o.s, while Goodin sat on the bench. I said early and often last year that CM should have been the Nat’l COY. Be careful what you wish for. It’s like the curse of being on the cover of S.I. Bad things happened when the regular season ended, as they flamed out early in the conference and NCAA tourneys despite being prohibitive favorites, and it has only gotten worse this season.
I can only hope karma comes into play this year. CM went from Hero to Zero after the regular season last year. After reaching a historic low in consecutive losses for X bball tonight, I predict the lightbulb comes on, and we make a deep run into the tourney. Like a great historian said, “Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?” The answer was no, and it ain’t over for X yet either. However, someone please send smelling salts to Cintas, stat! I STILL BELIEVE!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 722 guests
