NO ENQUIRER STORY
-
73 grad
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:06 am
- Contact:
NO ENQUIRER STORY
It was an early game,6:30, and still no article the next day' If the Reds, Bengals or UC had played there would have been one. Lame newspaper. Or am I missing something?
-
finalfourorbust
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:41 am
- Contact:
Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY
It is no longer a newspaper. I rarely read anything there that I haven't already seen on the internet a day or two before.73 grad wrote:It was an early game,6:30, and still no article the next day' If the Reds, Bengals or UC had played there would have been one. Lame newspaper. Or am I missing something?
-
X-lucidity
- Posts: 1391
- Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:06 pm
- Contact:
Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY
Don't get me started...................
-
XU80
- Posts: 227
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:16 pm
- Contact:
Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY
One of the reasons I know longer subscribe.
-
Spanky
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:44 am
- Contact:
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY
I thought the same thing.At least they didn't have a UC game story.Hell our game was over by 8:30.Is that past their bed time?73 grad wrote:It was an early game,6:30, and still no article the next day' If the Reds, Bengals or UC had played there would have been one. Lame newspaper. Or am I missing something?
-
bleedXblue
- Posts: 852
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:10 am
- Contact:
Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY
they did have a nice piece on Blueitt.......
-
X-man
- Posts: 486
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:21 am
- Contact:
Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY
I used to contact them periodically about the lack of college basketball scores in the paper, back when I though it was an actual newspaper. I gave up when I realized that it doesn't even pretend to be a real newspaper. Fortunately there is the internet. That said, the idea that a game that is over before 9PM is too late to get into the "paper" is ludicrous. My theory is that they had the Xavier results but opted for no story because the UC game was too late to get in. I hope I'm wrong, but that seems to be the most logical explanation.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)
-
xu koop scoop
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY
People still buy newspapers? Seriously, haven't read 1 in 10 years. Too much out there on the internet-including the paper on the net.
When I find one I use it to start campfires.
When I find one I use it to start campfires.
-
Gorilla '69
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY
They had zero high school b-ball stories on Saturday morning and then on Sunday morning had a whole page of box scores for Friday/Saturday.
And even their on line version can be a nightmare
And even their on line version can be a nightmare
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 754 guests
