+1finalfourorbust wrote:We can multi task.X-lucidity wrote:No one on this board knows the severity at this point. I have seen players tear knee's where it looked harmless on the replays. We have all seen horrific looking twists only to find out it was a "mild strain". That said, didn't look promising and knees aren't made to violently bend in that direction while under heavy torque & weight. Bottom line, this stinks for Ed as he is a terrific young man who was playing very well. Let's pray for him and hope for the best - then worry about the impact on the team later.
Any word on Ed?
-
thecoach
- Posts: 1492
- Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 am
- Contact:
Re: Any word on Ed?
-
pki1998
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Any word on Ed?
+1X-lucidity wrote:No one on this board knows the severity at this point. I have seen players tear knee's where it looked harmless on the replays. We have all seen horrific looking twists only to find out it was a "mild strain". That said, didn't look promising and knees aren't made to violently bend in that direction while under heavy torque & weight. Bottom line, this stinks for Ed as he is a terrific young man who was playing very well. Let's pray for him and hope for the best - then worry about the impact on the team later.
-
Michigan Musketeer
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Any word on Ed?
Ed is a great representative for the school and program. Fox Sports did a nice feature on Ed after the game. Hopefully he will be okay.
-
oldhoopster
- Posts: 778
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Any word on Ed?
And do we know that's how it went down with Myles and the administration? Do we really know why Myles left? Is there a news release I missed?
It will be a tough finish without Ed, if he's out, but will be good preparation for next year if he doesn't return next season. I think in the end, Goodin will be as valuable as Ed, though Ed has improved greatly this season as a PG.
It will be a tough finish without Ed, if he's out, but will be good preparation for next year if he doesn't return next season. I think in the end, Goodin will be as valuable as Ed, though Ed has improved greatly this season as a PG.
-
webxu
- Posts: 228
- Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Any word on Ed?
Myles did a little more than have a bad relationship with her, he is gone and IMHO should be based on what I have seen.xu koop scoop wrote:This is just a FANTASY POSSILBE SCENARIO. "Hey, Myles - Coach Mack here and how bout making up and returning to class for the rest of the season." Myles replies, "So Ed is out and now you want me to reconsider." Coach Mack-"Well. you were a floor leader, didn't argue with the refs & had a tremendous on court demeanor. Totally up to you." Myles,"I appreciate your offer, but the XU administration takes too hard a stance against us players for our off court indescretions. It's not like I was a drug addict, got DUI's, killed someone or committed a felony. I simply had a bad relationship with a young woman who lied about lots of things." Coach Mack then defends the Administration or ???. Myles Davis was very polite to refs, opponents and to the fans in the stands. Played with heart & smiled more than most players, especially after a bad foul call went against him. He is gone because of a different kind of injury than Ed suffered. He was beat up from the mental, rather than physical, perspective. Sorry if I offend some on this board, but the XU Admin takes too much of a "goody two shoes" attitude in defending their so called stellar reputation. And JP Macura lost no time for his indescretions. I imagine Myles challenged the Administration and JP didn't. Seems to me the Admin, like most employers, wanted a "Yes man - Yes, I'm very sorry for what I did" and would persecute a guy who said , "NO, you've been told lies and I will defend myself rather than
sugar coat the lies you were told about me." Anyhow, the bad timing in everything regarding Myles is a sorrowful situation.
-
ChitownSteve
- Posts: 2046
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am
- Contact:
Re: Any word on Ed?
If you have not had the opportunity, go back to the Myles thread and read the Paul Daugherty column which Pierre Dracot and mumuskie87 referenced.xu koop scoop wrote: Anyhow, the bad timing in everything regarding Myles is a sorrowful situation.
And, on a thread (maybe I can track it down) a poster noted the "Hate being lied to" tweet may not have referred to X and the basketball team at all.
We all like Myles, so this can be a bit more difficult than in other instances.
-
Jehoya
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:32 am
- Contact:
Re: Any word on Ed?
Confirmed by Xavier, Sumner has a torn ACL, done for the year :/
-
Shucker
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Any word on Ed?
Praying for a complete recovery and good health for Edmond.Jehoya wrote:Confirmed by Xavier, Sumner has a torn ACL, done for the year :/
I hate to hear this news for any athlete!
Wishing the best for Edmond!
-
muskiefan92
- Posts: 856
- Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Any word on Ed?
NIT here they come!!! 
-
oreobob
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Any word on Ed?
I don't think so. We win 5 of the next 10, whick includes 2 v dePaul, we will be invited
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 949 guests
