St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:22 pm

X puts the worst f.t. shooter in the game now?
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:X puts the worst f.t. shooter in the game now?
are you talking Tre who has missed 2 of the last 4?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Tre going 2-4 from the line keeps SJU in the game.
Up 3 with 17 secs left.
Someone needs to make some FT's to ice the game.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:25 pm

I think the next time down, all 5 X defenders should lock elbows and not allow a Johnnie's player into the lane.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Got it in the right guys hands in JP. Good job.
And he goes 1-2....ugh.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:27 pm

so your best FT shooters are 3-6 of the last 6 FTs
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
cincycanesfan
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:47 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby cincycanesfan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:28 pm

These new contact rules have ruined my favorite game. I would say half of these SJU drives are not fouls....
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:29 pm

four for 8 from the line down the end of the game But a W and sneak out of town
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:30 pm

BE road win - not pretty but I'll take it.
Butler would have liked to have a road win against SJU.
On to the Seton Hall game on Wednesday.

Biggest question - Ed's knee
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:34 pm

cincycanesfan wrote:These new contact rules have ruined my favorite game. I would say half of these SJU drives are not fouls....
Total of 56 fouls called. Add 32 TO's and this was a difficult game to enjoy watching.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 810 guests