St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Q continues to play well, offensively and defensively. Love Jones potential, but I don't know if he hits 50% of his labs. Needs to go to Big Man's Camp this summer. Raw athleticism, but very unpolished product.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:36 pm

X wins the 2nd "war" of the half - extends lead to 12.
Not exactly a knockout punch but I'll take it.
Need to keep their foot on SJU's proverbial throat.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:39 pm

JP with 4 fouls - not good.
Tre with another 3.
But SJU answers with one as well.
Lead is 10.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:39 pm

JP with the 4th foul. X needs to keep St Johns from making any runs... 11 plus minutes to go
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:40 pm

Gaston scores...from the line
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:41 pm

Another Tre by Tre 3-5 from the three
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:44 pm

5 point run and now gaston has 4 fouls
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:45 pm

15 point lead now 8
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Gates has been big on the boards tonight

X's bigs can't hit water if they fell out of a boat.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: St John's Game Thread - Jan 29, 2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:49 pm

X lost that last war.
Lead down to 8.
Need some guys to show some leadership down the stretch....and score some points.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 740 guests