Where does Xavier deserve to be ranked?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Where does Xavier deserve to be ranked?

Postby Shadow » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:28 am

I was unaware that Gary had a parish but myself, I'd rather see them unranked and then they can sneak up on overconfident rivals.
Yeah - like that would happen!
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
gregsweeney
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 am
Contact:

Re: Where does Xavier deserve to be ranked?

Postby gregsweeney » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:13 am

Should be 10-15 probably will be 15-20. Either way X is in the mix for national exposure(ie sportscenter) exactly what the program needs for continued growth.
RONALD78
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am
Contact:

Re: Where does Xavier deserve to be ranked?

Postby RONALD78 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:37 am

I would say 15th tops......20th lowest
dfcapp
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Where does Xavier deserve to be ranked?

Postby dfcapp » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Looks like we are #20 in the Coaches' Poll.

http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6587
brownlavender
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
Contact:

Number 20 in espn usa today poll

Postby brownlavender » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:53 pm

we're 20, memphis dropped to 17
StuXU
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:55 am
Contact:

Re: Where does Xavier deserve to be ranked?

Postby StuXU » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:59 pm

How is Memphis still ranked ahead of us in coaches. I agree with Parrish's rankings more. #14 one spot ahead of Memphis. We played the best week in college basketball so far this year.
XU-WKUPatter06
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Where does Xavier deserve to be ranked?

Postby XU-WKUPatter06 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:11 pm

there is NO WAY, NO WAY they should be below Memphis!!!! Xavier is 5-0 and is only at 20th! The only team in the TOP 25 to be 5-0 and we sit at 20th...im pretty pissed....TOP 10 atleast!
XU*2
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Where does Xavier deserve to be ranked?

Postby XU*2 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:31 pm

#16 AP 2 ahead of Memphis.. That's more like it.
brownlavender
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
Contact:

Number 16 in AP

Postby brownlavender » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:31 pm

We are 16 in the AP and Memphis is 18, obviously the press is a little more unbiased then say Jim Bayheim who gave his team a top 25 vote

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Where does Xavier deserve to be ranked?

Postby muskieman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:11 pm

dfcapp wrote:Looks like we are #20 in the Coaches' Poll.

http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6587
Like I said in an early post:

I would have said around what Gary Parrish said. Between 15-17 is about right but I have learned many coaches are lazy and don't give it much thought so I don't use their poll

You would think coaches would have a better handle on things...but Iguess they are tunnel vision this time of year, or just lazy a$$es.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 796 guests