Holloway = Ice

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
tjxu97
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:59 am
Contact:

Holloway = Ice

Postby tjxu97 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:30 pm

What a baller!

This kid comes into the game and says "GIVE ME THE BALL!"

He plays with an aggressive, swagger that for the most part, is under control and not cocky. It's a VERY special something that great players have. Watch out for this kid!

And the freethrows! I don't think I've ever seen a Freshman come in and knock down freebies like that. Wow!
bjf123
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Holloway = Ice

Postby bjf123 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:45 pm

At the rate he's going, I really think he'll be the starting point guard before we start conference play (barring Crawford getting the OK to play).
Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Holloway = Ice

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:56 pm

"Terrell is a true floor general who is a winner in every way. He is a student of the game who will come to work hard every day. Xavier is also getting a quality kid who comes from a great family. I expect him to make a great positive impact on the program at XU." Jordan Crawford


1 turn over tonight, 13 points, in 24 minutes
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Holloway = Ice

Postby Shadow » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:38 am

I think it would be safe to say that the future opponents will think twice before fouling him intentionally.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
Peashooter
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Holloway = Ice

Postby Peashooter » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:46 am

A great quote from Dana O'Neil's story:

"The Musketeers found a future point guard in rookie Terrell Holloway, who went 10-for-10 from the line Sunday (20-for-20 for the tournament) and will be selling DVDs to the Tigers next week."



http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/s ... id=3722186
The "final cause" is the first cause in the order of causes.
gregsweeney
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 am
Contact:

Re: Holloway = Ice

Postby gregsweeney » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:10 am

tjxu97 wrote:What a baller!

This kid comes into the game and says "GIVE ME THE BALL!"

He plays with an aggressive, swagger that for the most part, is under control and not cocky. It's a VERY special something that great players have. Watch out for this kid!

And the freethrows! I don't think I've ever seen a Freshman come in and knock down freebies like that. Wow!
I also mentioned the possibility of starting Holloway, but Miller will probably keep things status quo, if the team continues to play well and win.
Lead Guitar
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Holloway = Ice

Postby Lead Guitar » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:24 pm

I heard a rumor from a pretty reliable source that we might not have Holloway for the next two weeks---stress fracture in his foot. That could mean the next 3/4 games. Hope it is not true. We can wait for Dow's blog.
vee4xu
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Holloway = Ice

Postby vee4xu » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:07 pm

This kid pisses ice cubes. He will make us fans forget every point guard that ever played at X before he leaves. Heck, he's already better than all but about three or four of them and he's only played a handful of games.
tjxu97
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:59 am
Contact:

Re: Holloway = Ice

Postby tjxu97 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:17 pm

He pisses icecubes!??? Ha ha ha! Love it!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 870 guests