Last night we saw Xavier foul out three of the opponent's front line. This season the strength we have down low will force other teams to defend and we have the depth to go at them the entire game. In the past, we have counted the number of three pointers we have made. This year let's also keep track of the number of the opponent's front line that take an early seat.
26+6=1
Down low strength
-
xcellent
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Down low strength
I completely agree. We need to pound it inside all the time. I love when we can foul people out, and if we have the inside out game we will get better looks on the outside.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Down low strength
I can't wait to see our twin towers against other big men. I think the difference between Frease and Love will drive teams nuts(no offense to our nuts4xu). I think Frease will look even better against big men.
When Brown or McLean are in the big guys have that extra jumper that can sky.
When Brown or McLean are in the big guys have that extra jumper that can sky.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
section200rules
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Down low strength
Crazy idea - but while we are on the topic, does anyone think we will ever see the day when Love/Frease both start? Ala David Robinson/Tim Duncan a few years back w/ the Spurs? That would cause a match-up nightmare for more than a good portion of the A-10.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Down low strength
Certainly, our frontcourt is our strength right now, and likely all season, but let's not forget that Friday night's performance was against a Summit League team that was 13-18 last year, and is no threat to break anyone's NCAA bracket next March.
Our frontcourt is our "known" at this point. Our season will rise and fall with our backcourt.
Our frontcourt is our "known" at this point. Our season will rise and fall with our backcourt.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 840 guests
