I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby Mr. Neutral » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:26 am

Today's Chgo. Sun-Times reports that former Univ. of Illinois standout Deron Williams gave the U. of I. athletic dept. a check for $300,000 during an alumni basketball game this weekend.

I know guys have mentioned Grant, West and Hill helping out X, but I can't recall the specifics.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby muskieman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Mr. Neutral wrote:Today's Chgo. Sun-Times reports that former Univ. of Illinois standout Deron Williams gave the U. of I. athletic dept. a check for $300,000 during an alumni basketball game this weekend.

I know guys have mentioned Grant, West and Hill helping out X, but I can't recall the specifics.
a number of players have been very generous to X and not just the pro guys.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby Shadow » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:40 pm

How about all golfers contributing an amount equal to their annual green fees.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
wkrq59
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby wkrq59 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:52 am

most of the pros and former pros have been very generous to their alma mater and almost to a man have asked not to have their generosity publicized.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby muskieman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:24 pm

Shadow wrote:How about all golfers contributing an amount equal to their annual green fees.
Shadow you would solve any of Xavier's future monetary problems with just two of them ....One from the windy city and one from the tribe town. Actually, if either one of these guys did that X would rival Harvard in endowment.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:53 pm

Or guys who drive their camper all over the country could give an amount equal to all their gasoline expenses!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Mr. Neutral wrote:Or guys who drive their camper all over the country could give an amount equal to all their gasoline expenses!
I knew that was coming.
BTW, it's a 40' top of the line coach currently parked in northern NM near Taos and I burn diesel.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:34 pm

Apparently, diesel is more of a mixed blessing than it used to be.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/autom ... nted=print
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 pm

Mr. Neutral wrote:Apparently, diesel is more of a mixed blessing than it used to be.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/autom ... nted=print
I burn that because of the power it gives me. This unit weighs 14 tons and I still get 8.5 gpm. Still the cheapest way to travel and as I've said before, "I know who was in my bed every night I've had it". If you should ever happen to be in NE AZ and drive from Canyon de Chelly NP toward Shiprock, NM, picture going over Buffalo Pass in a 40 footer towing a PT Cruiser. Great view from the top, actually quite awesome. Today was a snap coming over the Wolf Creek Pass in CO after visiting the Great Sand Dunes NP yesterday.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby muskieman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:24 pm

Shadow wrote:
Mr. Neutral wrote:Apparently, diesel is more of a mixed blessing than it used to be.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/autom ... nted=print
I burn that because of the power it gives me. This unit weighs 14 tons and I still get 8.5 gpm. Still the cheapest way to travel and as I've said before, "I know who was in my bed every night I've had it". If you should ever happen to be in NE AZ and drive from Canyon de Chelly NP toward Shiprock, NM, picture going over Buffalo Pass in a 40 footer towing a PT Cruiser. Great view from the top, actually quite awesome. Today was a snap coming over the Wolf Creek Pass in CO after visiting the Great Sand Dunes NP yesterday.

And yet we never see any photos!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1040 guests