Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
RONALD78
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am
Contact:

Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Postby RONALD78 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:58 pm

The latest posts within the NBA network of news says that Posey's agent is dealing with up to 5 teams and expects Posey to get at least $30 million total for a 5 year deal at a minimum.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Postby muskieman » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:28 am

30 mill for 5 years. Good money but I'd think he was worth more.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Wisexuowl
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Postby Wisexuowl » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:38 pm

MM ... I agree he is worth more, but if the $30 million is guaaranteed, it's better than a "more per year" that isn't.

Just think .. $6 million a year ... proof of the valaue of a Xavier education!

Right?
MarvAlbert
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:59 am
Contact:

Re: Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Postby MarvAlbert » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:02 am

i wish i was worth $30 million for a job i love to do...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Postby Mr. Neutral » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:09 am

<<Just think .. $6 million a year ... proof of the valaue of a Xavier education!>>

So, they're paying Posey to be part of a progressive think tank? I thought they were paying him to to play basketball, same as O.J. Mayo and Michael Beasley, who were one-and-dones!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
RONALD78
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am
Contact:

Re: Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Postby RONALD78 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:56 pm

yeahhhh....and poor Obama who plays basketball...maybe at the federal level in DC will only get ....what ? $300,000 a year??? LOL
Wisexuowl
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Postby Wisexuowl » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:51 pm

<I thought they were paying him to to play basketball>

Gee, what a revelation. Thanks for updating us!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Postby muskieman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:27 pm

Mr. Neutral wrote:<<Just think .. $6 million a year ... proof of the valaue of a Xavier education!>>

So, they're paying Posey to be part of a progressive think tank? I thought they were paying him to to play basketball, same as O.J. Mayo and Michael Beasley, who were one-and-dones!

Gary, the question is will Beasley and Mayo have that money at the end of their career or will they be like many young guys and spend it quicker than they make it on their posse and bling?

Making it and having enough of it after they are retired for a few years will dictate what they learned in school.

As for $6 million a year I will play for $3 mill and they only need to guarantee 2 years of the money.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Postby Mr. Neutral » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:46 pm

<<Gee, what a revelation. Thanks for updating us!>>

Well, for guys who think NBA teams fork over big dollars based on your degree, as opposed to your proven basketball skills, you can't be too clear!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Posey and $30 million deal plus???

Postby muskieman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:29 pm

They can still sign me for $3 million...unless the UK hit man gets me.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 804 guests