It is almost unthinkable but it happened.
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/bystanders ... 1200410134
Where are the good Samaritans?
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Where are the good Samaritans?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where are the good Samaritans?
A very sad story which doesn't exactly reflect well on the locals.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
CarlosTheJackal
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
- Contact:
Re: Where are the good Samaritans?
This isnt exactly Kitty Genovese time (60+ neighbors heard pleas for help for hours and NO ONE called the police). Two calls almost immediately in this case, the Chief was distorting the facts for a headline. Hit/run, bad. Failure to stop, bad. But Im not quite ready for total community loss of moral compass.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where are the good Samaritans?
!st I would not compare or condone the two except to say the moral compass is not a total community in either. The people in both situations showed no heart and the persons on/in the scooter and cars that circled or drove by slow but did not stop should have some soul searching to do. Like the Samaritan story most people passed and did nothing to help.CarlosTheJackal wrote:This isnt exactly Kitty Genovese time (60+ neighbors heard pleas for help for hours and NO ONE called the police). Two calls almost immediately in this case, the Chief was distorting the facts for a headline. Hit/run, bad. Failure to stop, bad. But Im not quite ready for total community loss of moral compass.
2nd, this man is the tip of the iceberg of people that are passed over daily and not helped, that is the loss of community morals.
I remember Kitty Genovese as a young person(14) I was intrigued and horrified that people could do this to a another human being...not just the killing but the callus ignoring of her plight. Actually, police were called in Kitty's case but they were not considered clear and the police with little information did not consider it a top priority. Luckily in this recent case a squad car did come down the street as seen in the camera later and some calls did come in but this was broad daylight with hundreds of people in the area.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
ct_x_fan
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:14 am
- Contact:
Re: Where are the good Samaritans?
Downtown Hartford, New Haven, and Bridgeport = Over the Rhine. enough said.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1207 guests
