2009 Recruit on campus?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:38 am

nick, I'm not taking the position that X shouldn't recruit Parrom, or that he's a problem child. I'm just saying that it's inconceivable that questions won't be asked by our UC friends if and when Parrom does commit to X.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby muskieman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:21 am

Our uc friends will comment on anyone that they think they can hang something slightly dirty. Look at the dog (let's make it a big thing out of nothing) situation because they need people to forget their sordid past. If Parrom comes to X then I am sure coaches will have gotten all the facts and satisfied themselves. If what they say that it is out of his character, then it might be just a one time thing.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskienick
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby muskienick » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:26 am

My reply was not an attempt to take issue with your remarks on the subject, Gary. As a matter of fact, I interpret your posts of this type as humor rather than serious suggestions. Anyone who has been around these boards for any length of time (the ones to which you have posted) should already know about your sharp sense of humor. I was basically replying to those who expressed their concern.

If they were really worried that Mr. Parrom would take offense to your suggestion that our coaching staff should bone up on their pugilistic skills prior to his arrival on campus, they should just have posted a quick caveat pointing out your tendency to interject notes of comedy in your contributions to this site. (I guess they are unaware of the presence of the dominant "humor" gene in your family.)

I personally didn't see the need for such an explanation and, obviously, neither did you.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:49 am

Yes, I was pretty obviously kidding, and if the coaching staff is satisfied that any recruit has the talent and character to contribute to the team's success, then I have to trust their judgment.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 883 guests