Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri May 02, 2008 3:08 pm

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasket ... y/10809894

I think this leaves IU with 5 scholarship players. Talk about an opportunity for PT!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26785
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back

Postby muskieman » Fri May 02, 2008 3:50 pm

Do you think Crean is going to force it below 5 so he can shoot up. Someone told me Crean has a ego bigger than Texas...it might need something to keep him warm next year.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back

Postby _LH » Fri May 02, 2008 4:38 pm

I think Crean will probably redshirt one of the incoming freshmen, don't you?
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri May 02, 2008 4:46 pm

I don't think Crean can afford to redshirt anybody. This from today's Indy Star----

"With today’s announcements, Indiana now has just three scholarship players returning from last year’s team — Kyle Taber, Brandon McGee and Jordan Crawford. The Hoosiers also have four players signed to play in the class of 2008, and two walk-ons."

If ever a coach needed to sign some stop-gap players over the summer, it might be Crean now.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26785
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back

Postby muskieman » Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm

_LH wrote:I think Crean will probably redshirt one of the incoming freshmen, don't you?
That is funny. I bet some lucky walk-on can negotiate for a scholarship for a year if he pays his cards right.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 6080
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back

Postby olsingledigit » Sat May 03, 2008 11:14 am

From an Indy Muskie, kudos to Crean for doing it the right way. I am sure he got plenty of assurances from IU to give him time to succeed. The media and fans seem to be fully behind him - of course he is 0 - 0 right now too, but I think they will stick with him. I think he is a man of integrity. Good to see that again at IU.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 492 guests