OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:30 pm

After X was fortunate to enjoy several years of top 50/100 teams and individuals, Golfweek.com ranks X #137 in Div. I, and our highest-rated players are #579 Peter O'Neill and #621 Michael Beausejour.

The conference tourney is May 2-4 at Orange County National in Winter Haven FL.
http://www.golfweek.com/college/mens/st ... nships-men
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26783
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney

Postby muskieman » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:47 pm

I am sure you and mor have eligibility left!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Masterofreality
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney

Postby Masterofreality » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:11 am

muskieman wrote:I am sure you and mor have eligibility left!
Nope. I'm exhausted. 4 years and out. Amazingly, while freshmen could not participate in the major sports like basketball and football, freshmen were eligible in stuff like golf back in the day.

Orange County National are interesting tracks. Are they playing both Panther Lake and Crooked Cat? They can set them up to be real tough. They play the finals of the PGA Q School there. I've played them and didn't play badly, but the bermuda greens are a challenge if you'r not used to that grass.
PAY THE MAN!!!!
payday
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:56 am
Contact:

Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney

Postby payday » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:45 am

I would have loved the opportunity to play in a conference tournament, and play on the kind of courses these kids are exposed to today. The furthest South we played in my 4 years was Berea, KY (LOL). I also would have enjoyed playing the bulk of our schedule in the Fall when the weather was warmer and drier.

GO X - Good Luck in the conference tournament.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:20 pm

http://www.ocngolf.com/sites/courses/la ... page=23478

If you want to check out the course(s), click the link above.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26783
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Playing on any course is a bit of heaven but Southern courses in the dead of winter...proof of GOD>
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Absolutely, mm.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
payday
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:56 am
Contact:

Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney

Postby payday » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:12 am

I'm going to play a little customer golf today. 1st time out this year, should be exciting (LOL).
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:22 am

Thanks for rubbing it in, payday.

Have fun and hit 'em straight.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 548 guests