Page 1 of 1
OT: Willingham out at Washington
Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:11 am
by Mr. Neutral
http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingn ... &folio=CGI
An 11-32 record will do that to you. ND still handled his firing badly, but on merit, you can see their point.
Re: OT: Willingham out at Washington
Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:47 am
by butlerbulldogs
maybe he will coach Xavier's club team, that plays d3 jv. LOL
Re: OT: Willingham out at Washington
Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:51 pm
by The Blue Blob
This only confirms Notre Dames firing of him. You can argue that he was not given enough time there, but his years there and the way the program became less and less competitive through his years plus his horrible years at UW cements that. Behind X basketbally, ND football is my favorite team so I might be biased. I know a lot of people hate ND for legit and non-legit reasons, but I do not think anyone can fault them for the firing looking back on it now.
Re: OT: Willingham out at Washington
Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:06 pm
by gym from delhi
Xavier Club Football already has a fine coach in Tom Powers. I don't feel too bad for Willingfraud, however; with two buyouts and four years of salaries, he made about $5 million dollars.
Re: OT: Willingham out at Washington
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:24 am
by gym from delhi
Take heart ,Blob; if the South Florida team I saw last night at UC is #24, then the Irish are top 15. They have to take care of Pitt tomorrow, though.