Page 1 of 1

Tonight's Scrimmage

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:38 am
by Murph85
To anyone who has attended this event before, any idea how long the women will play?

They are both scheduled for 7:00pm and it seems likely the women will play first so they have a larger crowd than if they had to rely on their own fans.

Re: Tonight's Scrimmage

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:02 am
by Mr. Neutral
It seems like X has been having the women come out first for years to avoid having people leave after the men are done.

Re: Tonight's Scrimmage

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:19 am
by somebody
According to the October 13 article on the Xavier website, this seems to be the program for this evening. Information on the women's scrimmage is in the third paragraph.
Next Friday, October 24 is the Musketeer Basketball Blue/White Tip-Off Game. This will be the fans' first chance to see the 2008-09 Xavier basketball teams on the new Cintas Center hardwood. Festivities will begin at 7 p.m. and admission is free .

Introductions of the men’s and women’s teams begin at 7 p.m. At 7:15 p.m. sophomore Jamel McLean will defend his crown in the annual Slam Dunk contest against a list of competitors that includes two-time champion Derrick Brown.

The men's roster will be split into a blue and white team and will scrimmage for two ten minute halves beginning at 7:30 p.m. The women's team will scrimmage at halftime of the men's scrimmage for one fifteen minute period with a running clock.

94.9 FM The Sound will be on-site with the Sound Van. The first 2,500 fans on October 24 will receive Thunderstix.

Fans will also have an opportunity to pick their season ticket seats for the 2008-09 season and for years to come. With season tickets available for as low as $250, the "Select-A-Seat" event allows fans to purchase tickets on the spot, and test drive their new seats for Xavier basketball. Cintas Center Ticket Office staff will be on hand to guide fans to the available seats, which will be identified by brightly colored tags. Fans unable to attend "Select-A-Seat" are encouraged to click here or call (513) 745-3411 ext. 7 to purchase season tickets.

This will be the men's basketball team's only public appearance before its exhibition opener on Friday, November 7 against Findlay at 7 p.m. at Cintas Center.
http://tinyurl.com/5ucy8l

Hope that helps.

Re: Tonight's Scrimmage

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:25 am
by Mr. Neutral
Thanks, somebody. Wish I could be there.

Re: Tonight's Scrimmage

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:08 pm
by somebody
Mr. Neutral wrote:Thanks, somebody. Wish I could be there.
So do I. I was there about every year during the 30+ years I lived in Cincinnati and worked at Xavier. Hopefully they will treat us retirees to game tickets again this year and I will make it down for a game. I may have trouble convincing my "ride" though as last season we went to that game (Duquesne I think) that had the big snowfall and it took us six hours to drive back to the Columbus area! But if I remind them of our pre-game trip to Quatman's that may encourage them.

I guess muskieman will just have to yell a little louder for me if that is possible. :)